Back with another batch of canceled games; this time for the Nintendo Wii!
Check out the rest of the canceled game series here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ams4MpxVWAQ&list=PLD8cXxYMDG3ObGATyFhCsW0ndarurX5Eg
Video sources:
Mario Smash Football - shadowflash11
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7l18zUir0r6Qldu6TC0_ow
Trailer for Sadness E3, H.A.M.M.E.R. - IGN
https://uk.ign.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKy1dAqELo0zrOtPkf0eTMw
Assistant (FX test) - GoldMetalSonic
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs19BRlzv55JMWR5YwzehZQ
No Limits Racing - GXZ95
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9Efek9kURER0MGqRJUYAA
Teaser Pollen Sonata - ChronoDK
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpN3UJJwfjTntqvMzMa92bw
H.A.M.M.E.R. - NeoGamer - The video game archives
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDC7X5gNh2LxQ2PnN_OKD5g
Bonk: Brink of Extinction - Nintendo World Report
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd8MrjFTH-j1k57abP_ktXg
Tycoon space station - PlayscopeTrailers
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgc8PshAGngxCLCMfoy8NpQ
All other images from Unseen64:
https://www.unseen64.net/
Background music from:
Donkey kong barrel blast
Ghost Squad
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Strikers accused
Mii chain
Sega Superstars Tennis
Boutique chain
Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
I actually had a chance to play that Bonk game at E3 expo & San Diego International Comic-con, but pass it up since thought I will just buy when it comes out. If I knew back then what I know now!
ReplyDeleteWhy Not Do An Epsiode On Cancelled XBOX 360 Games?
ReplyDeleteAppreciate analysis on old hidden beta. There are more Wii cancellations titles. Fire Emblem RTS, Sword of Legendia, Wet, A Vampyre Story, Silent Hill: The Arcade & Origins, Castlevania: The Arcade & Curse of Darkness, Thunder Force VI, Neo Contra, Dig Dug remake, an competition work of Stars Wars: Rogue Squadron Trilogy and lastly Batman Arkham Asylum.
ReplyDeleteNever really understood why dirty harry... just, not as known of a character these days. Might as well try to make a Charles Bronson game. Plus that trailer did not echo "genre defining story telling."
ReplyDelete4:15 I guess that makes two cancelled Wii games starring Mr T
ReplyDeleteAlso, I pity the fool that don't put the Mr T game on this list!
Bonk!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding that I will never play Sadness. T_T
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun series! That Dirty Harry game looks like it could have been a lot of fun--a great, iconic character and the changes in how aggressive or lenient you are with criminals would have been fun. I remember being so excited for the Bonk game!!!
ReplyDeleteYou forgot about The Grinder, it was supposed to be developed by High Voltage and the premise was something like Left4Dead where you an would had an FPS with 4 players Coop but instead of Zombies the enemies would be Vampire things that looked like Zombies, Werewolfes and some other monsters if I remember correctly.
ReplyDeleteAs far as I know this one was never officialy cancelled but it totally is unless they Duke Nukem Forever it in a few years from know.
But I've got really sad 'cause the game promised to be really cool!
Super Mario Spikers would have definitely released if it was just a volleyball game. I myself wasn’t interested when you brought up that it was mixed with wrestling.
ReplyDeleteAwesome video
ReplyDeleteI love the wii. So many hidden gems! Xenoblade, last story and Pandora tower are among some of my favourites on the system.
Damn, so many gd games too. I wouldn't mind if they where average but they all look pretty good! Dang!
ReplyDeleteI think I remember reading about Sadness in a gaming magazine back in the day. Would be cool if it was remade into a VR game
ReplyDeleteLove the new intro dude
ReplyDeleteGreat video here Pete, interestingly didn’t know any of these cancelled games, although Sadness took my fancy.
ReplyDeleteI actually love the Wii, there is actually quite a few hidden gems despite the astronomical clutter of the system. Some solid AAA titles on the wii.
Hacking the system is piss easy too, Nintendont works brilliantly for cube games and you can’t beat a bit of Rondo of blood on the side as well hahaha!
I'm surprised games like Winter and the Grinder didn't make this list as they were cancelled Wii games that looked really good. The former was a survival horror game from the N-Space (developers behind Geist on the gamecube) and the latter was a Left 4 Dead style game from High Voltage Software (developers of the Conduit). There's gameplay footage for both these games on youtube and they are definitely worth a look if anyone is interested.
ReplyDeleteWow I actually remember watching the trailer for Sadness, damn
ReplyDeleteI remember looking forward to Saddness waiting and waiting. Folk calling it Vaporware cuz nothing was ever seen gameplay wise. It sounded super interesting. The guy workin on the music released what he had for it though and it sounded really neat. I posted one on my channel too actually ages ago
ReplyDeleteLove your video style Pete, great work.
ReplyDeleteSadness sounds like a nice concept. I’d like a revival for that for sure.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy platformers on the wii so would of liked to play bonk.... Dirty Harry looked interesting and the hammer game would of probably been fun multiplayer....
ReplyDeleteTop work as always
Another amazing video, keep it up. You´ve quickly become one of my favourite Youtubers
ReplyDeleteWould had liked a Bonk revival
ReplyDeleteNot long got into the Wii.
ReplyDeleteSadness sounded interesting, I do like a good survival horror game.
I've never seen a Wii cancelled games before. It's a shame a lot of these didn't come through. Great video again mate !
ReplyDeleteJust call it "Soccer" you muppets!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome video Pete!
ReplyDeleteWhy does Ea have to ruin everything it touches? No limits looked really cool and slightly reminds me of the crew
ReplyDeleteShame none of these games saw the light of day, especially Sadness. Nintendo in retrospect really fucked up with the Wii and then totally bombed with the Wii U. Glad they redeemed themselves with the Switch though.
ReplyDeleteYou did very well to provide so much footage from games that wasn't released. The Bonk game looked great. Such a shame.
ReplyDeleteThis is the type of content that made me love YouTube. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteAll these cancelled games 😭😭😭
ReplyDeleteWas never too fussed on my Wii...well actually it isn’t mine. I bought it for my Dad’s birthday lol.
Great vid yet again Pete
Another great episode, very informative! 👍
ReplyDeleteI always wanted a 'Fight Night' for the Wii. Wii Boxing was fun, but it was limited.
ReplyDeleteForgot to mention that Star Wars Rouge Squadron collection was gonna be ported to the Wii but was canceled when Disney brought Star Wars
ReplyDeleteBonk reminds me of Kid Chameleon anyone anyone
ReplyDeleteYou Alive! )
ReplyDeleteWhat about Jet Set Radio wii? Anyway great video! So sad for Bonk :(
ReplyDeleteFAT PETE 20 second review KFC cheetos sandwich
ReplyDeleteMost interesting one there for me would had been Bonk. I really liked that character back in the day and would be cool to see his come back. Though that footage didn't look too good. I bet Nintendo could make a great version if they had the licence!
ReplyDeleteDo cancelled ps3 games
ReplyDeleteI enjoy every video in this series! Keep em coming!
ReplyDeleteIt's crazy to think how old the Wii is now. Still lots of good memories with the system, even though it came out when I was an older teenager. It's cool to see teenagers/young adults nowadays that grew up with the Wii as kids. It's a good Nintendo system to be brought up on.
I never got into the WII when I play games my arse is on the couch 🛋 Doing nothing lol I never saw the love of exerting yourself lol
ReplyDeleteBonk would have been interesting
ReplyDeleteLove that intro with the Wii mote controlling your logo, clever stuff!
Great video Pete!
ReplyDeleteThey should really make project hammer to the switch.
ReplyDeletePost a Comment