10 severely neglected PS3 games that deserve a second chance



The PS3 may have been overtaken by the Xbox 360 during the events of the seventh generation of consoles, but the platform had fairly spectacular titles that deserve a second look.

For more great content, check out: http://whatculture.com/gaming
Find us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/whatculturegaming
And follow us on Twitter @wculturegaming

----------

WhatCulture Gaming Podcast Now Available!
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id1433583146
- Acast: https://www.acast.com/whatculturegaming
- Podbean: https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/r5gi5-737f2/WhatCulture-Gaming-Podcast
- Podbay: http://podbay.fm/show/1433583146
- Podcast Addict (application)
- More soon! .

30 Comments

  1. Is it just me, or does their logo look like an off-brand Juul pod?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have many memories playing MAG, sad the servers were shut down:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS3 nearly sold as many consoles as Xbox 360 which had a full year head start! PS4 has also pistol whipped Xbox One in sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Resistance 3, Ratchet Crack and infamous 2 come to mind

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why does everyone say Xbox 360 was better than ps3 ? Ps3 has rechargable controllers and free online . The xbox live was another online system , with the same toxic mw2 community as ps3 and pc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A few times I played MAG and just thought WOW this is chaos lol but in a good way

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enslaved Odyssey to the West! Great story, good gameplay, acting by the guy who played Gollum in the LOTR movies. I'd also suggest Kingdoms of Amalur.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Resistance was awesomely fun. Even better when I was seriously stoned

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really should have Jules double check your videos before you uplaod them for now on.
    Wow, what the hell are you playing?
    Second thought, just let Jules handle it. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sony give us Resistance for fucks sake

    ReplyDelete
  11. This list was surprisingly useful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't this what battle royale basically is almost? 1:40

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the whole Resistance series! Always hoped to get a Resistance 4 one day. Seems like its not gonna happen tho

    ReplyDelete
  14. Most of these look just awful and a waste of the ps3 potential with basic graphics of a 16 bit or less system

    ReplyDelete
  15. 90% of the comments are about Resistance. The funny thing is, I've never heard of that game. Damn, I must be out of the loop. XP

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cannot believe Comet Crash is on here. I recently went back to it to clean up my trophy list. I bought the DLC and it took me an entire weekend playing nonstop to beat it. It's so fucking hard! Made me question my love for tower defense games.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Folklore was/is an amazing game (Edit: I loved the game so much I beat it twice. Something I rarely did, but which is worth it) Shockingly good for one of the few games that utilized the controller winging gimmick. An honorable mention to Dark Sector which later gave birth to Warframe. Seriously, those guys rock. White Knight Chronicles was an interesting RPG where you could summon a giant (mech) to fight huge bosses. Kinda reminded me of Xenogears and Xenoblade(funny both X in the names). Demon's Souls also deserves a mention, but for many Dark souls is king. Thing is for me they feel vastly different from one another. It's like Demon was a test and Dark souls was finished process. Maybe it's just me. But yeah PS3 had some wicked fun games many of which got some love on PS4 later. inFamous by far my favorite, but I found the PS4 game lacking. Playstation has plenty of gems hiding that could use some polish. Wish they'd give access outside of a game streaming service.

    ReplyDelete
  18. every other WC member will take the piss put of each other but not Rache she's too nice

    ReplyDelete
  19. man, thinking about it, MAG was way ahead of its time

    ReplyDelete
  20. What I remember is that Heavenly Sword was also overlooked due to it being a God of War clone.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anyone miss Resistance 3 multiplayer?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hate to burst your bubble but valkyria did get a remaster on the ps4 and then we also got valkyria chronicals 4

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've got Tokyo Jungle on my PS3.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm surprised that I have never heard of Mag before.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Binary Domain <3 fantastic JRPG third person shooter. You can command your 2 squad mates to attack, perform an action or cease fire etc. Dialogue choices take place in the game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post