A $ 40 prepaid Android phone for portable emulation? Yes, this little thing does an incredible job with some of my favorite emulators like N64 SNES PlayStation 1 Nintendo DS and even Dreamcast!
The WIko Ride will absolutely destroy the LDK Game BittBoy Pocket GO and just about any other Chinese pocket emulator like the RS97.
WIKO official site: https://us.wikomobile.com/m2777-wiko-ride
Controllers on Amazon:
XBOX One phone clip: https://amzn.to/2LLrtFe
PS4 phone clip: https://amzn.to/2XFInao
Ipega 9083: https://amzn.to/2LgexaO
More Android controllers: https://amzn.to/2LLO2cL
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/theetaprime
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/etaprime/
Equipment I use:
Screen capture device: https://amzn.to/2STpX4C
Tool kit: https://amzn.to/2M6l9WS
Soldering station: https://amzn.to/2FtdVeu
Camera: https://amzn.to/2M6KFLB
Tripod: https://amzn.to/2CmdYVY
Raspberry Pi 3 B Plus: https://amzn.to/2DTF0Db
Flirc case: https://amzn.to/2OBQTXz
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you!
THIS VIDEO IS ONLY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES!
#ANDROID #EMULATION #ETAPRIME.
I bought two of them and they were working great. Now the both refuse to connect to any wifi. It's now says I have to activate through Boost or return to store.
ReplyDeleteWhat about GameCube?
ReplyDeletei picked up one today for 35 at my local store
ReplyDeleteIs Sonic adventure 2 at 54 playable?
ReplyDeleteI'm a bit baffled you said you dont run emulators because you need to jail break your phone. I've been playing emulators on my iPhone and ipad since iPhone 4 without jailbreaking. Dude lol. What? Grab happy chick providence
ReplyDeleteMy wyko ride cannnot connect to the internet now, It requires I activate it or return to the store. Is there a way to bypass this?
ReplyDeleteTo be honest I'm wondering about buying one of these and tearing it apart to build a self contained handheld. They're cheap enough I don't see a problem with rolling the dice y'know?
ReplyDeleteOnly an Android phone, can make a Raspberry pi seem expansive for what you are getting.
ReplyDeleteFor emulation on tablets check out the Amazon Fire tablets
ReplyDeletenah I am good with oneplus 7T.
ReplyDeleteOk, this is brilliant. I've actually been wondering about this lately. Anyone care to step this up a bit here in the comments and tell me about a cheap $50 or less Android phone with similar spects that is MHL ready to go from micro usb to HDMI? If I can find that I will have a complete retro home system for my flat screen that i can throw in my pocket!!! Don't leave coments about mirroring or casting, I can't go that route, absolutely has to me MHL ready to take the digital audio and video from micro usb to HDMI. Come on guys and gals help me out!
ReplyDeletethanks. I find myself in need of a phone next month. This phone will do fine for me.
ReplyDeleteThere are even cheaper options on Amazon for $20-$30 with slightly less specs. Wonder if they can run emulation as good as this one? You should do a video on them.
ReplyDeleteGalaxy a80 Emulation test?
ReplyDeleteThat phone has a belt in plastic screen protector but the screen is Glass I have dropped it and the Glass cracked but not lcd
ReplyDelete@ETA PRIME Too bad you didn't test game cube on this. It probably would have ran ok, since you you ran it on the CoolPad Legacy with lag, and that phone scored only 59k in antutu and the WikoRide scored 67k!!!
ReplyDeleteHelio A22 or helio P23...which one better?
ReplyDeleteHow do I enable the ps3 style menu on retroarch?
ReplyDeleteETA PRIME, you rock. I've been needing a new phone and this certainly looks like it'll fit the bill! A great price and and fantastic specs for that price. And I like the service that Boost Mobile offers as well. God willing, I'll pick this up and throw some retro games on there for sure!!
ReplyDeleteCould you do another brief video on this phone and test some Android games like Asphalt, Oddworld, Modern Combat, etc?
Great work as always! Don't ever stop!
Most of these Chinese consoles are too expensive for what they offer, some of them cost about 60$ and still lag with gba games, the only good thing that they have is the form factor but still cheap android phones offer a way better value
ReplyDeleteI love this channel. I had a $40 ZTE Avid back in 2013. It ran 90% Android games. And was an emulation beast. It had the same CPU as a Galaxy S3.
ReplyDeleteThis cheap $40 phone actually outperform my three year old $400 phone... damn... looks like I need to upgrade...
ReplyDeleteThere is a certain game for the PS4 that contains an emulator to allow the game to run the game Ratchet and Clank.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the best emulator and rom site that support android?
ReplyDeleteJust got it 20% off summer special 34.77 shipped!!
ReplyDeleteHi. Just wondering if you were able to to get Game and Watch in Retroarch to run on this phone. For some reason , I keep getting a black screen and crashes. My core and databases have been updated. Thanks much for this video. This is the perfect little phone for my 11 year old daughter.
ReplyDeleteDrastic crashes when it looks for roms..
ReplyDelete"Better". The reason people are into the Bittboy is the form factor. I wouldn't want to game with a bluetooth controller tbh.
ReplyDeleteThe games start at 5:18
ReplyDeleteCan u try 10 psp games and 10 dreamcast games?
ReplyDeleteWould I be able to stream an Android like this to my TV?
ReplyDeleteI have an S10 plus and I am using Redream. I am using a PS4 controller via bluetooth. But it seems to lag very badly. Any way to fix that?
ReplyDeleteTest Request:
ReplyDeleteN64: Both Zelda games (loot) (mm)
PSP: Harvest Moon Hero of leaf valley.
Found these at a cheaper place than walmart during a sale
ReplyDeletei have a budget 59 dollar samsung j3 orbit pre paid phone and it plays some games better that my beefy pc
ReplyDeleteI was had Wiko Lenny 3.It was been little piece of trash .It can barely run dreamcast games,but psp games:Mission Impossible
ReplyDeleteOk, for the love of God somebody please help me because I'm about to burn my fucking house down. Ok, Wico Ride is purchased. Retroarch downloaded, game ROMs downloaded and installed on phone. PS4 controller hooked up to Android phone and works, even can navigate through Retroarch with it. But when I select the game the Co troller says that it is configured to Port zero and I can't figure out how to make that work in game. Please somebody help!
ReplyDeleteWarning! You need to ROOT your phone. If you mess up the ROOTING process you can soft brick your phone. The Controller apps for the phones need rooting access. Bluetooth Controllers may not.
ReplyDeleteFirst off...Thank you ETA for the brilliant find. Our tests show the Wiko handles more MicroSD storage then what is reported by the product page. We currently have it loaded with a 64GB MicroSD. Also tested with USB OTG Checker, which reports it can handle USB On the Go storage devices (not verified yet)
ReplyDeleteDrastic emulator has always been free
ReplyDeleteBought a very budget laptop for college next month and got an idea to emulate and now i can play GBA DS GC WII WII U PSP PS1 PS2 DREAMCAST N64 SEGA GENESIS SEGA SATURN AND A LOT MORE! Totally Glad For My Purchase Can Also Play Some Games While In Class....
ReplyDeleteOn prime day I got a 256 Samsung card for $36, the $400 was $10 less than the 55 you can get now, but I don't think I need that many games.
ReplyDeleteHad to grab me one. Commenting from my Ride right now.
ReplyDeleteShame it has no 5ghz wifi. If it did, It'd pretty much be a "budget" nVidia Shield. Like the Shield, you'd have emulators at your disposal that can be run natively and with the Moonlight Gamestream app, you could stream games from your PC.
ReplyDeleteTechnically, you can still use Moonlight on 2.5ghz, but there's a reason 5ghz is recommended.
this video got me wondering what I might do with my Asus Zenpad z8s(ASUS_P00J), I barely use it. maybe emulation is the way to go and that ipega 9083 looks like it might be a good fit for it. it's running android 7.0 and has no known way to root it so. I'll put my benchmark scores for AnTuTu and 3D Mark if anyone wants to see them but I figured since this video isn't about my tablet maybe wait and see if anyone wants to see the scores
ReplyDeleteThis phone is a winner!
ReplyDeletePost a Comment