Android Unity tutorial: SDK, generation and publication



In this Unity tutorial, I show how to install Andoid Studio and sdk to create and deploy / publish a Unity 3d game on an Android device.

Here are the download links to sdk tools compatible with Unity:

The Windows:
https://dl.google.com/android/repository/tools_r25.2.3-windows.zip

Mac: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/tools_r25.2.3-macosx.zip

Linux:
https://dl.google.com/android/repository/tools_r25.2.3-linux.zip

And here you can download Android Studio:
https://developer.android.com/studio/

After deployment, I recorded a short gameplayer on my very old S3 Mini device. I use it for testing because if the game works on this device, I know it will work anywhere :-)

See my social profiles here
G +: https://plus.google.com/+JayAnAm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jayanamgames
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jayanamgames

Production music courtesy of Epidemic Sound: http://www.epidemicsound.com.

39 Comments

  1. Where to paste the new tools folder in mac.? Please paste the final path...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my unity pro version is 5.3.5 p5 i have sdk and jdk from official website and i can build apk file and i can install apk file on any android devices . BUT WHEN I RUN THAT APP NOT OPEN . Please help me bro Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have android option in unity preferences

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont have android section in external tools

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2:37 There is not any apk zip folder in the asset in my project. How to fix?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can we run our unity android app during development on the emulator what i mean is if we want to check a new feature we could run the un complete version of the app on the emulator like in android studio can that be done here

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new Unity Hub lets you download the compatible version of Android sdk & ndk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do not have to follow this method anymore due to unity updates. Download unity hub, go to installs, select the version of unity you are using in the project you want to test. Click the three dots on the unity version you are using. Click Add modules. Click Android build support (Or whatever way you want to test it). Select Android sdk and ndk tools. Download it and you will be good to go! Make sure the device you are testing on has it's drivers downloaded to your development computer so it is recognized! Let me know if you have any questions below!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made a build when i created the project to just test it. It was successful. After i completed the project tye build is failing. Failed to relinclude Android files it says

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is the bug (that you describe at the beginning) fixed in the meantime?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Has unity changed? There wasn't a JDK in my external tools.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this, please help me give step by step download application form build to publis on Android

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent tutorial :D i want to add a button for play and pause the video, and a stop button. do you know how can i do it? Thanks man! keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  14. Several sleepless nights to discover that the latest version of the tools folder does not work. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. After creating apk .can we share apk via shareit to others or not

    ReplyDelete
  16. it says failed to target api level make sure your tools are 25 or higher

    ReplyDelete
  17. it takes too long to build...why is it??

    ReplyDelete
  18. The links in the video are from 2017-08-24 - would have been better to get a download page that updates the links when there is a new build...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Android SDK is not there when I download Android Studio.. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  20. So how do you deploy it to the app store?

    ReplyDelete
  21. My android device always shows "installation error! Package might be corrupted"

    ReplyDelete
  22. 2:38
    It's my first time installing an unity app on my phone and I can't find where to build this apk file. I clicked random folders inside my phone and unity says it just can't build the file in that area or something.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It was very easy to understand. Finally playing my game in android device.

    ReplyDelete
  24. For those who followed this, and had to download the Android Development software...You MUST run the development software at least once after the installation is "complete". Otherwise, it won't be fully installed.

    ReplyDelete
  25. In my phone says "error unable to intialize unity engine" please help me!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. "No android devices connected. If...." I enabled debugging but it is not working.. My phone: Alcatel Pixi (4) 5

    ReplyDelete
  27. When I try to Build and run it, it says that no Android Device Connected. But my Sammsung A5 2017 is connected !
    Please help !

    ReplyDelete
  28. On android and IOS, the build and run button greyed out. How can I fix it?

    ReplyDelete
  29. i have just build it in my andriod mobile but how will it start in my mobile there is no file for game ? after build in my pc there is a file of apk. what can i do for mobile ?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very nice tutorial, also when not using android studio and just installing the SDKs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post