First, watch and examine the all new Asrock DeskMini a300 AMD RYZEN APU compatible gaming microcomputer!
These kits are barebones, so you will need to add a processor / APU RAm and storage and it supports AMD Ryzen 2nd generation 65Watt APUs like the 2400g 2200g 200ge 220ge and 240ge.
At 1.92 L, this baby is smaller than an ATX diet.
I chose to use the Ryzen 5 2400G 16 GB DDR4 and a 240 GB 2.5 '' SSD.
If you love small form factor gaming PCs, you can't miss this!
Find out more here: https://www.asrock.com/nettop/AMD/DeskMini%20A300%20Series/index.asp#Specification
Parts used in this construction
DeskMini A300: https://amzn.to/2UnsrJ2
Ryzen 2400G: https://amzn.to/2GUZx04
2200G: https://amzn.to/2NBUmT6
200GE: https://amzn.to/2NBEa4i
Corsair Vengeance DDR4: https://amzn.to/2ILJPpJ
SSD: https://amzn.to/2GUE6fo
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/theetaprime
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/etaprime/
Equipment I use:
Screen capture device: https://amzn.to/2STpX4C
Tool kit: https://amzn.to/2M6l9WS
Soldering station: https://amzn.to/2FtdVeu
Camera: https://amzn.to/2M6KFLB
Tripod: https://amzn.to/2CmdYVY
Raspberry Pi 3 B Plus: https://amzn.to/2DTF0Db
Flirc case: https://amzn.to/2OBQTXz
SPECIFICATIONS:
Mini A300 Series
AMD AM4 Socket processor
- Raven Ridge, Bristol Ridge, up to 65 W
- Supports MAX height ≦ 46mm CPU Cooler
High speed DDR4 memory
- DDR4-2933 MHz (Ryzen)
- DDR4-2400 MHz (series A)
Dual Ultra M.2 (NVMe)
- M2_1 M.2 (2280) - PCIe Gen3 x4
- M2_2 M.2 (2280) - PCIe Gen3 x2 / x4
2 2.5 inch SATA6 GB hard drives
RAID 0/1 support
HDMI, DisplayPort, D-Sub
AMD Fluid Motion Technology
M.2 for Wi-Fi module
USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-C
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you!
THIS VIDEO IS ONLY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES! .
Those SO dimms are a deal breaker for me.
ReplyDeletehey ETA Prime was curious if you upgraded this system to the 3400G and ran Diablo 3 at low settings 1080p what kind of fps do you get? been in the market for a small form factor Diablo machine for portable gaming
ReplyDeleteAll about that motherboard. Cost is good but... Come on we all want that STX
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great little setup, im thinking about getting it for the kids as a pc and retro gaming system with Batocera pc 64bit, do you know if Batocera supports the ryzen cpu and vega graphics?
ReplyDeleteAny chance you'll do an update video with a 3400G and 32GB of 3200Mhz ram?
ReplyDeleteI don't understand - am I wrong here or your tests of 3400g (with 2400g for comparision) standalone had better results giving much more FPS (GTAV for example was hitting way better framerate) in games than this build - I mean the CPU is the same - why there's so much difference?
ReplyDeleteHi, are these using SO-DIMM instead of desktop RAM? and can I put 3.5 inch 7200rpm harddisk into these? thanks
ReplyDeleteDONT USE VSYNC just my recommendation given there are way too many downsides
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteI would like to ask you to check how loud the NH-L9a in this system in idle, while gaming and under heavy load (IBT or CineBench). RPM values would be awesome.
If you could do it with a 3400G by any chance, that would be even better!
Also if you could provide some info on the the temps (min/max/avg) while gaming that would be extremely helpful.
Thanks!
btw that ring on the top of the amd cooler comes off so it would fit
ReplyDeleteDoes it need any of gpu in this deskmini?
ReplyDeletehows the mic input for discord?
ReplyDeleteNice video! Do you thing a 3400G will work well in this exact setup with no thermal issues? Thanks for the vid.
ReplyDeletePls, test on dota 2 game
ReplyDeleteHey I wanted to see how set up a frontend for Linux for my retro
ReplyDeleteHi friend, I’m watching your videos with pleasure. I am from Russia, therefore, I use Google translator. Please make a video with Asrok a300 and Ryzen 3400g. I really want a little stand for retro games and emulators. I am saving up money now, because for us in Russia 450-500 dollars is about one and a half half my monthly salary))) I beg you to record a video in order to understand this processor will work in tandem with this motherboard. I hope you see my comment. Thank you friend for your content. I learn a lot of useful things from your videos, well, I gradually learn English)))
ReplyDeleteHi, what's the name of the noctua model?
ReplyDeletethis + an m.2 to pcie 16x adapter would make for the best portable rig
ReplyDeleteGreat video!!!
ReplyDeleteWould this RAM be a good choice for A300 & 2400G (on newegg) ?
G.SKILL Ripjaws SO-DIMM 16GB (2 x 8GB)
260-Pin
DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
F4-3200C18D-16GRS
CAS Latency 18
1.2V
It says in the specs: Optimized Compatibility with 8th Gen Intel Core Processors ??? Would it work ok with RYZEN 2400G ?
with the included AMD cooler, you can remove the plasticlip/top part and it will fit in the case
ReplyDeleteHi, serious question : I'm buying the 3400g and this A300w deskmini... I want to ask you : is one stick of 16gb ram raster or is 1 stick of 16gb ram +another stick of 8 gb ram? If the ram is same brand and same ram speed.
ReplyDeleteCan I put 3700x there? I don’t want the gpu I want to use this for a rendering node
ReplyDeleteCan you make an update on this video with the new ryzen 3400g once it is available. I have a 2200g and am wanting t know if its worth an upgrade.
ReplyDeletemy guy add a m.2 to PCIE adapter you know whats next video card
ReplyDeleteWhy not use an nvme M.2 boot drive?
ReplyDeleteso close! got to find a way to get this powered with a 1650 in a small package and we got ourselves a nice lil mini console PC !
ReplyDeleteI would love to see an update once the Ryzen 3400G is released.
ReplyDeleteI am very interested in this now
ReplyDeletei tried different drivers and bios and i kept getting bsod, dont waste your time or money on this.
ReplyDeleteAfter watching this, I just ordered the Deskmini A300 from Newegg . Can’t wait until it arrives Monday! Please make a video with the 3400G when it comes out.
ReplyDeleteIt’s slower than my i7-37xxHQ XD
ReplyDeletehow to put gpu
ReplyDeleteI need some help please, how do I disable the USB power when the a300 is off (shutdown). The LED on my arcade buttons stays on even when the PC is off.
ReplyDeleteHave you upgraded it to the 3400G?
ReplyDeleteAnyone know the size of the fan on the included heatsink/cooler?
ReplyDeleteThese are out of stock everywhere. Any idea if they are going to make more, or when they will have stock?
ReplyDeleteCan you add the external GPU into A300 and run the test.
ReplyDeleteI think it will be an amazing Gaming machine.
Can you Play on a 144 hz Monitor with this? I only Play csgo on the lowest Settings
ReplyDeletePost a Comment