Here's another half-wanted video where I take a look at some of the changes to the official DOOM source port available on consoles and mobiles. It has just received an official PC version via the Bethesda.net launcher. Some additional things were included that I had to look at too. It's not really a bad way to play DOOM on the PC for the first time, but some tweaks could be made to win some of the more purist types and a little picky individuals like me.
My apologies for the mistakes I made in this video, they were made in no time. I will add other clarifications in this description if necessary, in addition to probably pinning a particularly important message in the comments, so you may be able to check them in the future in addition to my messages in the community.
If you liked this video and wanted to support me for whatever reason, you can buy me a coffee:
https://www.ko-fi.com/dwarsyt
Also join my Discord server for the biggest mayors:
https://discordapp.com/invite/CJ2Qn9Q.
As a guy who has no PC with limited time to build one, i just wanna say how much i enjoy these ports to a degree. I mean yeah it sucks afew places and how god awful it was released at the time, but i am suprised they even bothered to fix these issues sence this is bugthesda.
ReplyDeleteDepressed furry talks about Doom ports!
ReplyDelete5:40 That blur hurts my eyes no joke lol
ReplyDeleteAnd the ones that brought vía Steam?
ReplyDeleteI want 4 players split screen on GZdoom too
ReplyDelete1:08 ... NOPE.
ReplyDeleteI mean I already own the original versions on Steam and use GZDoom to play them, but I'll probably buy these anyway because I'm a fool and I will never not buy Doom.
ReplyDeleteChocolate doom FTW
ReplyDeletejust buy the steam version for the uncensored doom dos experience
ReplyDeleteJust fucking stick to GZDoom or whatever source port that's 10 billion times better. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteWHY still spend money to big corporates while all the real work and quality comes from enthusiastic individuals that put HOURS of work in their passion? Fuck Bethesda.
ReplyDeleteill stick to my version of TNT thats missing the yellow key in map 31
ReplyDeleteGotta love the thinking behind the censorship here. Satanic imagery and demonic entities? Sure, whatever. Nazis and swasticas? BAN THIS GAME IMMEDIATELY
ReplyDeleteThe mobile versions suck, because the controls are way worse than the original port that Carmack worked on.
ReplyDelete1000th like
ReplyDeleteI think I'm going to just stick with GZDoom and the original IWADs.
ReplyDeleteWhy do you sound like kevin from how I met your mother?
ReplyDeleteWhy not have a separate version for countries with freedom of speech laws that tolerate friendship windmills?
ReplyDeleteHueueueue... I'll stick with ZDoom for my current, lackluster hardware and financial situation.
ReplyDelete(I possibly could run LZDoom but GZDoom is out of the question)
0:56 to be fair if I was them I wouldn't want to commit war crimes either.
ReplyDeleteI hope you sent
ReplyDeleteall these valious information directly to id bois, can't think of them lookin for youtube videos.
So wait... a red cross is considered offensive, even though it's literally the universal symbol of "help/health", but a pill is ok, basically saying "do drugs, it will help!". Fuck you, Bethesda. Get woke, go broke.
ReplyDeleteLol I can’t believe they censored doom again.
ReplyDeletelmao its on steam
ReplyDelete"censored as heck"... The irony in censoring yourself saying "hell" when complaining about censorship
ReplyDeleteLaughs in GZDoom
ReplyDeleteUgh... Please tell me, to a generic sane human. WHY in a hell should I buy buggy bootlegged almost 30 years old doom game when I could just get official version of it for free by downloading it off the webs? Original game devs, including Romero, Adrian, McGee, Peterson, and otuer bros are probably won't get a peny anyway from Bethesda. Just pirate the shiits so the Howard can suck a big one, jesus fuсk.
ReplyDeleteHello :3
ReplyDeleteOh wow, Bethesda found another thing to screw up, that's actually kind of impressive.
ReplyDeleteI actually don't mind if it was pills symbol for health pickups instead of red cross.
ReplyDeleteLaughs in GZDoom
ReplyDeleteI honestly didn’t think they’d fix the weapon switching on the console editions, before you had to bumper over to the weapon you want and sit through every weapon animation on the way there. Now there is a cueing function with icons for bumper switching and the Dpad has weapons too. Namely, up for shotty (double shotty priority in Doom II/Final Doom) right for Chaingun, down for rocket, and left for plasma. You can essentially instantly get to the weapon you want using these two systems in tandem like PC. Also really happy that 16:10 isn’t the default aspect ratio anymore. Also, they incorporated random pitch as an option for people who want it (me, pls shoot me) and they added fist switching, a non vanilla option, but very appreciated.
ReplyDeleteDoes anyone here remember Skulltag? It was a really good source port and had a big multiplayer community.
ReplyDeletePost a Comment