This is the biggest project I have undertaken so far. I built this custom wooden case for PC at the same time as the release of a certain version of the AMD PC component (VEGA cough against cough)
If you have questions about the details that I omitted from the video, let me know in the comments, it was difficult to cover a month of details in a single video.
It was a lot of fun to design and build and, surprisingly, I got the support of AMD, Corsair and Gigabyte so big thanks to them. I will publish a follow-up video installing all this sexy material and tastefully highlighting the pants of this thing. Stay tuned for this video over the next few months, this gaming PC will include AMD Ryzen, Gigabyte Aorus Motherboard and Corsair devices. I can't wait to make it work.
Thanks for watching, please like, share and subscribe.
If you want to help support the chain, consider becoming a patron of Patreon.
www.patreon.com/woodworklife
Or if you want to buy products anyway, consider doing it through my Amazon affiliate links.
Set this link as your Amazon bookmark
http://amzn.to/2qomXPy
Visit www.wood-work-life.com for our latest contests and gifts.
Become a patron of Patreon https://www.patreon.com/WoodWorkLIFE
(My favorite) Follow me on Instagram @theWoodWorkLIFE
https://www.instagram.com/thewoodworklife
Follow me on Twitter @WoodWorkLIFE https://twitter.com/WoodWorkLife
Facebook @theWoodWorkLIFE
https://www.facebook.com/theWoodWorkLIFE
Music by Andrew Apple Pie
https://soundcloud.com/andrewapplepie
Affiliate links for construction equipment to come in the next video
Ryzen 1800x
http://amzn.to/2sB2StV
Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5
http://amzn.to/2rEaBTi
Corsair Dominator LED 3200
http://amzn.to/2ryLwxX
Corsair H100i v2
http://amzn.to/2sH14PH
Corsair RM1000x
http://amzn.to/2sxZ0ZI
Corsair MP500
http://amzn.to/2sHaoTC.
When you don't want waste plastic:
ReplyDeleteHey man! Love the video! I'm getting a pre built pc soon (it has been refurbished) and i'm thinking about making my own wood case with some people in my family who are woodworkers! If you could give me some tips on how to measure how big the case could be i'd be forever thankful! Thank you! 💙
ReplyDeleteAmazing build! I'm designing a desk drawer case for myself. How is the best way to fix the screws and motherboard standoffs to the wood?
ReplyDeleteplz sir upload the full video ... i wanna make it ....
ReplyDeleteOh my, that’s beautiful 😧
ReplyDeleteHow to build a custom wood pc? wElL fIrSt yOu nEeD A tAbLe!
ReplyDeleteYou could really bring out those logos with resin.
ReplyDeleteYou're a fucking sexy bitch. You know that? XD
ReplyDeletemaybe a cabinet with less tools and more craftsmanship?
ReplyDeleteI may have to hate you now, i too am a wood worker and a computer geek who builds his own systems. Now I am going to have to scratch the itch for my next build by building my own case! Great looking case!
ReplyDeletehi u have a drawing if these panels with sizes and stuff.. it looks soooo good
ReplyDelete4:55 Diresta
ReplyDeletegreat work it will probably last a long time
ReplyDeleteSet for 0,75x speed, he sounds extremely like an drunk person. Its good fun
ReplyDeleteyou never made the pc build finish / install
ReplyDeletebeauty. I'm Brazilian was looking for a wooden cabinet to assemble then after searching a lot I found your video, I really liked the designer of the cabinet. would have to make available the cabinet project.
ReplyDeleteso what were the thermals like on that case?
ReplyDeletesubscribed, now I want to see the thermals :) and benchmarks. I just built one pc case out of wood too, but I didn't paint it yet so it doesn't look nearly as cool as yours.
ReplyDeleteWhat about the power button
ReplyDeleteNice case, want to build something similar myself. Got some great inspiration from your video. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteLmao that intro
ReplyDeleteWOW that came out amazing! Could I convince you to make and sell me one of these?!
ReplyDeletewhat's the name of the program you use to design the case? thank you.
ReplyDeleteDid you ever finish this build? I can't find the 2nd video
ReplyDeleteNah that is too pretty to be a PC case. It is more like a sculpture. No hardware would do that justice!
ReplyDeleteI heard you say sketchup and dropped right to the comments. Is there a way for normal folks to afford sketchup for personal use?
ReplyDeleteWho taught you to use a hand plane?
ReplyDeletehi your work is amazing, what kind of wood u used to do it?
ReplyDeleteWood work life logo.. It spells the following
ReplyDeleteWood
Work
Life
OLF
OIE
DIE
OLI
RLI
RFE
KFE
WLE
Good video!!
ReplyDeleteSO much sanding. Love the jointery you used and made by hand as well. I am doing my own PC build soon, and Im a rookie wood worker and am tempted to try something like this (not as detailed) Wish me luck! Thanks for the awesome video!
ReplyDeleteim about to make a custom wooden pc case soon just have to make some schematics for it
ReplyDeleteOk, why do you insist on not showing us the finished pc builds from all directions so we can see them?
ReplyDeleteIs part two coming out?
ReplyDeletewhere's the sequel video where you put the components into the case and do the benchmarks?
ReplyDeletewhen I build a pc the money comes out of my own pocket and no 1 sends me anything
ReplyDeleteA this must be preminum
ReplyDeleteHow does it hold up? Cherry is a bold choice for a project like this. It tends to throw quite a lot.
ReplyDeletePost a Comment