How to play retro games on the Nvidia Shield Android TV



In this video, I'm going to show you how to set up and play your favorite retro games on the Nvidia Shield Android TV using RetroArch.

RetroArch web page - https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-2/
What bios do I need? - http://www.lakka.tv/doc/BIOSes/

BUY A SHIELD ON AMAZON -
16 GB 2020 - http://amzn.to/2kzA90f

500 GB 2020 Shield Pro - http://amzn.to/2kzz0FM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=as_li_qf_sp_sr_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=e074d-20&keywords=nvidia shield & index = aps & camp = 1789 & creative = 9325 & linkCode = xm2 & linkId = 6276ef1703df03d40

▼ WOULD YOU LIKE TO DONATE TO MY CHAIN?
http://bit.ly/2gy2ffr

DISCLAIMER: This video and description contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I will receive a small commission. .

23 Comments

  1. Seems like the latest update of Retroarch fucked up everything cause I followed this video and none of my Neogeo / Sega CD or Arcade games work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you dowload the roms also on a mac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could I wire 2 arcade sticks to it ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this, -no matter what I do, the sega megadrive won't load images for the games? NES & Atari worked fine. I even downloaded ALL sega.. rebooted, rescanned. Nada! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bro you're Videos are Always Great and Helpful

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's The Max Memory That The Nvidia That it can get ??? Or add ???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey one question I download one snes game just to test it out but it doesn't appear I have to go to settings and load content and fron their I see the game why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. watching this again so I know what to do :) - keep the videos coming my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi... I have a large collection of neogeo roms in .zip format that I have had many years and used to play using Neorage emulator on my PC. I've now got an Nvidia Shield TV and had hoped that following your tutorial I could simply load them. The problem is that I cant. I've tried adding different neogeo.zip files to my ROM directory and have tried all arcade cores within retro arch but get nothing (not even the emulator). All is ok for my snes roms but not neogeo. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated if you are still using your YT channel. Thanks... Paul

    ReplyDelete
  10. I appreciate your hard work (and play). I am just getting into emulation and truthfully don't know where to start but you will see me floundering around on your channel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gamesir wireless controller work great on retro can someone Tell me where to go to setup full screen on retro and make it permanently?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it possible to put all my games (nes, snes, megadrive, n64, psx, dc) with an ntfs format? I watched your other videos and you were using exfat/fat32. I do not want to clog up both my usb ports for two different file formats or spend $ on another usb drive...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know this video is old but hope you respond. I have a 3tb external usb 3.0 drive I was looking to load up for an ultimate emulation station as I have alot of roms. Do I format it to the shield first then connect the shield to PC to add games or can I just put the games on the HD then plug and play with the shield?? Thanks for these videos it helps

    ReplyDelete
  14. Add hyperspin to this setup and you got the best setup available .

    ReplyDelete
  15. How big is the Hard Drive you have with all the Roms?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I add a hard drive to my nvidia shild and had to format it to the shield but my files are on my PC and when I hook the drive to load my files to it the PC won't read the hard drive so my question is how do I get my files from my PC to the shield drive ?
    Like your videos they are easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Should i buy this or use an pc as an emulator?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did u try to use a ps3 as an emulation station, and did some benchmarks?
    Would be cool if u did that benchmark.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post