As this generation draws to a close, I wanted to go back to the original Xbox One released in 2013, especially the way it was built. The overall build quality of the Xbox One was actually quite good and Microsoft seemed to go beyond the size of the system to make sure that the failure rate was much lower than that of the Xbox 360. I decided order a refurbishment from GameStop as well to take a look at what they were selling.
Second channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDTV8DckMvn7mlgtdxTyR-g
Follow us on Mixer: https://mixer.com/SpawnWaveMedia
Twitter: @SpawnWaveMedia
Spawn Wave Merch: https://teespring.com/stores/spawnwavemediashop
Remember to support us on Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/SpawnWave
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SpawnWave
Follow us on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/spawnwavemedia
Listen to our weekly podcast: https://soundcloud.com/spawn-wave
Music: www.bensound.com
Like to comment and subscribe!
Thank you for watching!
#GameStop #Xbox #XboxOne.
People say the PS4 has better specs but the Xbox one could still do everything the PS4 could. I love my Xbox one and I'm sure if I had a PS4 I'd love it too. Super excited for the series X!
ReplyDeleteIdk why but ps4 fans seem to fail or get damaged and begin to sound REALLY loud, my room mate's ps4 dose it and his friend too. My original xbox however hasn't had a problem with noise but my god do I hate the CONSTANT "you need to be online" or "game failed to launch" "disk isnt recognized"-xbox360 disk that are compatible.
ReplyDeleteWhy are you using a screw driver to open this? A plastic pick or splurgier would be the proper tool.
ReplyDeleteXbox 360 > PS3
ReplyDeleteXbox one <PS4
Xbox one X > PS4 Pro
Xbox series X>PS5
Pc is overall better, I’m sorry it just is lol, but game how you want to game!
I love Xbox but their controllers are inferior to the PlayStation controllers to joysticks blowout way too fast
ReplyDeleteAll of these years later it still looks like a vcr
ReplyDeleteps4 pro is okay.. the first ps4 is a jet engine
ReplyDeleteBuying “refurbished” from game stop is prolly biggest mistake iv ever made when buying game related items. They have literally sold me items that should have been trashed and sold it to me at a price that was almost the same as brand new. I recommend not ever buying anything from game stop period.
ReplyDeleteWow. It looks exactly like a PC inside
ReplyDeleteThe only reason to buy this is Kinect
ReplyDelete2:34
ReplyDeleteMy xbox is way quieter than my ps4 and more powerfull playing 4k games
ReplyDeleteI’ve put the best thermal paste (non liquid metal) on my PS4 Pro and it still sounds like a jet engine.
ReplyDeleteThe look of panic in the guys eyes when the interviewer asked ",so your saying stick with a 360". Dude probably thought ole Bill Gates was about to give him the boot
ReplyDeleteI bought an Xbox one x refurbished and honestly I’m glad I did. They gave me the same controller that they gave you. I haven’t had any problems at all with it.
ReplyDeleteWow you ordered an xbox and the sent you an xbox.......who would of thought.....
ReplyDeleteThe only noise from my PS4 is the optical drive.
ReplyDeletei came in at the xbox one s and it runs waaaayyyyyy quieter than my ps4. it runs borderlands 3 without making any noise while the ps4 made loads of noise after playing borderlands 2 for half an hour
ReplyDeleteI may just be brainwashed but I love the sound of the ps4 when u turn it on and the fan kicks on it makes u feal like it's something substantial lol
ReplyDeleteI hope! the next Xbox is going to work offline.
ReplyDeleteIf you are watching this video as a guide please don't pull the connectors out using the wires like this spud has done. Damaged the F out of the plastic cover with a screwdriver and probably frayed the wires that will cause hot spots and over time cause them to fail.
ReplyDeleteI haven't bought a XBox since the 360. I had an original XBox that lasted 6 months, then got a replacement. That broke within a year. Got a 360 when it came out, it broke within 3 months. 2 more replacements and a year later... Playstation ever since.
ReplyDelete5 XBoxs and none of them lasted more than a year. I still have my original NES, GameBoy, N64, Switch, Playstation 1, 2, 3, 4 and they all run perfectly. My SNES did break, but it was like 10 years old lol.
Did anyone else not realize that the Xbox One was released 7 years ago?
ReplyDeleteBought mine 2014. It still works pretty well. It even survived a burning house and was like completed filled with water.
ReplyDeleteGod, I'm glad I bought one.
Ghost Style = Ombré
ReplyDeleteCamelot 331 here. They don't do nothing but clean it.
ReplyDeleteI bought a referbished Xbox One four years ago and it has given me probs since day one. The system works but sometimes you have to restart the system up to ten times to get it to boot up. Its rediculous.
ReplyDeleteA piece of garbage because it is
ReplyDeleteI love the ventilation on the xbox one. It's so quite. They get an A + for that. Ps4 is soooo noisy because of the small fans. The build quality was definitely better for Xbox.
ReplyDeleteGameStop is closing down all their shops in my country. Didnt work out that great i guess.
ReplyDeleteI bought one a couple years ago, everything was loose, no batteries, and the glossy part of the top was scratched to heck, like wayy more than usual wear & tear.
ReplyDeleteStill using my original Xbox One until the Xbox Series X comes out. Ironically, I have an Xbox One X, but it had some sort of hardware flaw and would always crash on certain games such as Division II. It was out of warranty before I discovered the flaw, so I had to shelve it and revert to my original Xbox One.
ReplyDeleteYeah Xbox is supposed to be cheaper and better 2013 Xbox isn’t my Xbox
ReplyDeleteCan’t believe that PlayStation was actually that bad back then imagine not being able to play SINGLE PLAYER DISC GAMES OFFLINE
ReplyDeleteOriginal xbox loved it, 360 red ringed so much left a really bad taste in my mouth, the launch of xbox one convinced me to never buy an xbox of any kind again, such greed such anti gamer bullshit
ReplyDeleteMy day one xbox one is still running. It has tens of thousands of hours on it.
ReplyDeleteDang didn’t know my original Xone had so many hidden issues. I never had to get it repaired.
ReplyDeleteMeh, I hate overall console reviews like this. They toss around numbers like this with wanton disregard to any deeper understanding. When discussing xbox. It is important to understand their biggest obstacle. The Asian market. Japan and Nintendo have cleaned up these markets for decades. Xbox has barely next to no hold in that region.
ReplyDeleteChina and Japan are directly under the US when it comes to purchasing video games. So when he says ps4 currently outsales xbox 2-1 he is correct, kinda. In the US the gap has lessened. With 24$ million xbox's being sold in the US during December 2019 to playstation's 36$ million.
It is undeniable that the ps4 won this console war. But it is still a war. Xbox has lessened the gap and made improvements over their initial criticisms. Playstation decided not to improve upon their criticisms but to instead flood the market with ps4 exclusives till they land hits. Ps4 chose right. But again, xbox then surpassed the ps4 technologically. Now we have the better consoles has the worst selection in games.
But it is not all that bad. Do not let this guy just rag on things for views.
honestly, i think Microsoft is doing better due to Phil, as others have pointed out, but they realized that they are a computer company and brought some of that to their consoles.
ReplyDeleteI love my Xbox 1 s. I have no problems.
ReplyDeleteWhere are the best place to by this for the money if u order a used one on-line? Is eBay or Craigslist worth it?
ReplyDeleteMillions of money but dont know what a nuclear sub is uh how about ppl who fucking protect and serve
ReplyDeleteThey aren't actually refurbished. Just minimally cleaned.
ReplyDeleteGood job 💯💯💯
ReplyDeleteI wish opening the ps4 was that simple. Its like getting into Fort knox trying to to dedust the fan and I definitely wouldn't pay nearly £80 for something I can do myself
ReplyDeleteI bought a Xbox one when it was on sale and it does not have enough storage but does have enough USB ports unlike the PS4 haha but I was only willing to get the Xbox bc it was cheap to play Halo and Forza other than that not worth it haha
ReplyDeletePost a Comment