In this video, I am trying to create an Android gaming / emulation / multimedia PC for one of my friends.
I was able to buy a used Lenovo M800 SFF desktop computer with 8 GB of RAM and an i3 6100 processor for $ 72 shipped.
Addition of a 240 GB SSD and USB Wifi / Bluetooth adapters and installation of Android X86 PrimeOS.
This machine has proven to be very good for native Android games like PubG, Minecraft, Hearthstone and many more and as a bonus it runs PSP, Sega Saturn, N64 and Gamecube at full speed
Objects used in construction
USB WIfi: https://amzn.to/2H5aFFU
Bluetooth USB: https://amzn.to/2Z3Nl1w
240 GB SSD: https://amzn.to/2YZMnDt
PC used on eBay: https://ebay.to/33uA2KS
How to install PrimeOS: https://youtu.be/OnNy2451sz4
Prime OS website: https://primeos.in/
Android X86 website: https://www.android-x86.org/
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/theetaprime
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/etaprime/
Equipment I use:
Screen capture device: https://amzn.to/2STpX4C
Tool kit: https://amzn.to/2M6l9WS
Soldering station: https://amzn.to/2FtdVeu
Camera: https://amzn.to/2M6KFLB
Tripod: https://amzn.to/2CmdYVY
Raspberry Pi 3 B Plus: https://amzn.to/2DTF0Db
Flirc case: https://amzn.to/2OBQTXz
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you!
THIS VIDEO IS ONLY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES! .
*noise cancellation
ReplyDeleteI do have a question, if i use this on a low end old laptop or something like that will i experience better performance with android x86 in things lile emulation minecraft etc or windows 10 would work better?
ReplyDeleteMe: have a PC that can't even run Windows 10
ReplyDeleteETA:runs emulator in a emulation
Interesting video, I thought of running Android x86 but then I hear PRIME OS.
ReplyDeleteNow I’m really interested to try it out.
Can primeos be installed on raspberry pi 4?
ReplyDeleteHow install drivers USB wifi on Android??
ReplyDeleteMy guy, can it run COD:Mobile with keyboard and mouse setup, cause it runs good on my phone but not as good as I'd like it to run.
ReplyDeleteHow do you change the resolution ?
ReplyDeletebro what key mapper u used for pubg
ReplyDeleteI tried to install prime OS into my HP but I think it's not compatible because it has a AMD processor do you know a way that I can install Android and two my laptop
ReplyDeleteAnyone manage to get Morph TV working on any of these x86 forks? Tried Prime os and Phoenix and Morph tv works on neither. It finds links super fast, but when trying to play they stay stuck on "loading". Youtube app doesn't work on these either, but does through the browser.
ReplyDeleteIs it possible to run this OS with a dedicated GPU?
ReplyDeleteWill my gpu still work on Android or only onboard graphics?
ReplyDeleteDo I need drivers for the bluetooth and wifi dongles or the os auto detects it once plugged in?
ReplyDeleteIf you enable root and change the CPU governor from "powersave" to "ondemand" or "interactive" through a simple kernel tweak app (such as Kernel Adiutor) you can get better performance, stability and fluidity with no downsides. I definitely recommend it.
ReplyDeleteCan this run Google duo, assuming you use a webcam?
ReplyDeleteWill prime is recognize a second hard drive as a storage device?
ReplyDeleteit's called an Android TV Box. lol
ReplyDeletewaste of time? just download NOX or LDplayer on PC lol
ReplyDeleteWhen windows and unbuntu/linux do stupid shit l guess this is the way to go
ReplyDeletePretty sweet setup, you can even do some other stuff like work of papers and whatnot with the google docs or microsoft apps.
ReplyDeleteDoes this build necessarily need an SSD or will a hard disk work as well? Is there a particular advantage to an SSD for this android build?
ReplyDelete8 GB ram is usable on x86??
ReplyDeletePost a Comment