In this video, I'm watching the brand new Odroid N2 Single Board computer powered by the new Amlogic S922X “6 For CPU”
Hardkernle has some OS distributions available at this time.
I will test the first version of Android 9.0 Run performance tests, test some native Android games and give you my first thoughts.
Buy one here: https://ameridroid.com/ OR https://www.hardkernel.com/
Find out more here: https://www.hardkernel.com/
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/theetaprime
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/etaprime/
Equipment I use:
Screen capture device: https://amzn.to/2STpX4C
Tool kit: https://amzn.to/2M6l9WS
Soldering station: https://amzn.to/2FtdVeu
Camera: https://amzn.to/2M6KFLB
Tripod: https://amzn.to/2CmdYVY
Raspberry Pi 3 B Plus: https://amzn.to/2DTF0Db
Flirc case: https://amzn.to/2OBQTXz
Music by LAKEY INSPIRED: »SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/lakeyinspired
Full ODroid N2 Spec Specifications:
The ODROID-N2 is a new generation single board computer more powerful, more stable and more efficient than the N1. The main processor of the N2 is based on big. Small architecture that integrates a quad-core ARM Cortex-A73 CPU cluster and a dual-core Cortex-A53 cluster with a new generation Mali-G52 GPU. Thanks to modern 12nm silicon technology, the A73 cores operate at 1.8 GHz without thermal throttling using the stock metal case heat sink allowing a robust and quiet computer. Multicore processor performance is approximately 20% faster and 4 GB DDR4 RAM is 35% faster than the N1. The N2's DDR4 RAM operates at 1320 MHz while the N1's DDR3 operates at 800 MHz. The large heatsink in the metal case is designed to optimize the processor and RAM heat dissipation and minimize limitation. The CPU is placed on the bottom side of the PCB to establish improved thermal characteristics.
MAIN CHARACTERISTICS
* Amlogic S922X (4x Cortex-A73 at 1.8 GHz, 2x Cortex-A53 at 1.9 GHz); 12nm fab; Mali-G52 graphics processor with 6 EE 846 MHz
* DDR4 2 GB or 4 GB (1320 MHz, 2640 MT / s) 32-bit RAM
* EMMC socket with 8 GB to 128 GB optional
* MicroSD slot with UHS-1 SDR104 support
* 8 MB SPI Flash with boot selector switch and Petitboot application
* Gigabit Ethernet port (Realtek RTL8211F); up to 1 Gbit / s
* HDMI 2.1 port up to 4K @ 60Hz with HDR, CEC, EDID
* Composite video socket with stereo line output and 384Khz / 32bit audio DAC
* SPDIF audio via 40 pin GPIO
* 4x USB 3.0 host ports (340 MB / s typical)
* Micro-USB 2.0 OTG port (no power)
* Integrated serial console interface and fan connector
* 40-pin GPIO socket (25x GPIO, 2x i2C, 2x ADC, 6x PWM, SPI, UART, SPDIF, various power signals, etc.)
* 7.5-20 V DC socket; 12V / 2A adapter recommended; consumption: 1.8 W (inactive) to 5.5 W (stress)
* Recommended operating system - Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with kernel 4.9.152 LTS and Android 9 Pie BSP
CONNECTIONS
* ameriDroid Learn - https://ameridroid.com/blogs/ameriblogs/tagged/odroid-n2
* ODROID-N2 wiki page - https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-n2/odroid-n2
* ODROID forum page - https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?t=33781
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contain affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you!
THIS VIDEO IS ONLY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES! .
Is there a android 64 bit? How do you flash it on a emmc?
ReplyDeleteWould be awesome if you could show how to setup Linux with Wayland. I have some browser games I like to enjoy, and from what i understand the company that makes the GPU have stopped supporting X. In other words, they are focusing on Wayland. I have no clue how to install wayland, and trying to google it is .. well, shaving with a cheese grinder would be more enlightening.
ReplyDeleteThese things are fucking garbage. Got one and it worked for all of a day until the HDMI port suddenly stopped working.
ReplyDeleteWill this outperform the Odroid XU4?
ReplyDeleteinteresting but needs a lot of work
ReplyDeletedolphin for android is 64bit tho....how is it going to run on a 32bit os
ReplyDeletewhat about power draw and mining xmr?
ReplyDeleteA95x max check out that box ETA
ReplyDeleteDo you know if this SBC will be able to transcode for plex or emby ?
ReplyDeleteHow can i get something like this with all the sega saturn games please
ReplyDeletehdmi is 2.1
ReplyDeleteGaming test please
ReplyDeleteHi ETA! What is the max. microSD size for this board? I can't find any infos about that. I'd like to put in 512 gigs. Would this device handle that? Thank you in advance! Continue your great work!!!
ReplyDeleteThe actual review never happened
ReplyDelete@ETA PRIME Have you tried the newest version of RA? Runs Saturn, DC, N64 at full speed. I think it's time or an update video :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome video, been looking for a better top box. could you do a video on the android tv port?
ReplyDeleteUse the composite video jack to get a best graphic emulation and then show here in your Channel, I refer the RCA graphics output, try It.
ReplyDeleteHi, Big fan of your show here :) I am a teacher in the UK and as you probably know, money is tight in the schools. I know you are probably busy but I could do with some advise.I have moved all of the students course work to Microsoft one drive and Microsoft teams. This allows me to bypass the school server which seams to slow even the fastest computer down. I have been converting old laptops that I found to run a Porteus Kiosk (Linux) this is great and secure, but I am out of old laptops to convert now.
ReplyDeleteMy question to you is..... what in your opinion is the cheapest single board computer that will run Microsoft one drive. I think ram is the issue as I have tried to use the pi 3 but it just is too slow. Can you help please.
Thank you for your time and your content,Mike.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this next.
ReplyDeletecan u please create a div mobile touchscreen mobile with this single board machine..
ReplyDeletebatocera.linux image coming in the coming days. already working.
ReplyDeleteSomeone needs to take the s922x or the s905x2 and make a good handheld gaming device. There is an s905x2 Android dongle that is super small, and it would be perfect for someone to build a handheld out of. The s905x2 would make a pretty powerful handheld.
ReplyDeleteETA PRIME: Quick question, could this run Hearthstone? Would really appreciate the response. Thanks a lot.
ReplyDeleteThis is the S912 sucessor, no? i was always disapointed that the S912 had 4 more cores and a better GPU but performance was almost the same as the S905.
ReplyDeleteIt's interesting that the 922 isn't faster in Cpu tasks than the shield tv because the a73 is about 40% faster in dmips per clock than the A57.
ReplyDeleteLooks good on paper, like when I bought my pine64... I'll wait a bit till its proven. Looks good though! fingers crossed
ReplyDeletei'm not big on android on non-touch devices tbh
ReplyDeletewhen oh when is that mali shit going to be proper supported in linux...
wny are these new device comming out with no sata support ... lame ... good vid tho
ReplyDeleteSeems like everything is just coming out and nothing finished. Ask Boeing with their 737 Max!
ReplyDeleteG8 video man!
ReplyDeleteMan i just got the xu4 and now this came out. i hope they dont abandon xu4
ReplyDeleteHelp.. Ive flashed several version of Android 9 to EMMC and all of them boot to the Android logo screen and never moves on. The Android logo brightness scrolls so I know its not frozen. I even left it over night.. Nothing! Board boots Ubuntu fine.
ReplyDeleteI was going to pre order this last week but I decided to get a Nvidia Shield instead. I wanted to wait and see if this is a let down like the rk3399 boards.
ReplyDeleteCould you get your hands on the Nvidia Jetson nano. I think it would be interesting to see how it does for gaming and emulation
ReplyDeleteSo initial impressions on the S922 SOC are graphics on par or slightly better than the RK3399 with improved CPU performance in multi-threading. Since the graphics performance is the weakest part of the RK3399 I find myself to be quite underwhelmed as it stands.
ReplyDeleteHow come we have to wait for Raspberry Pi X lol
ReplyDeleteI recently saw someone claim that the heatsink on this would be inadequate and that the SoC would throttle a lot. I found that pretty funny. I'll believe that when I see it, which I don't expect to. Hardkernel has always been pretty good with their thermal solutions as well. Good to hear your early impressions.
ReplyDeletedo a emulator test
ReplyDeleteReally great video. Looking forward for some linux stuff
ReplyDeletetry out retro arch with runahead mode on.
ReplyDeletethe rock 3399 and amlogic s922x are not equivelent.
ReplyDeleterock has 4 little 2 big cores
amlogic has 2 little 4 big.
Could it run Windows.
ReplyDeleteGeekbench will be near 2000 when the OS is changed over to 64bit.
ReplyDelete32bit mode so sad
ReplyDeleteCould you test Dolphin in the full review?
ReplyDeletePost a Comment