PC Shadow of the Tomb Raider Analysis + Full Xbox One X Comparisons!



Join Alex for a detailed breakdown of the PC version of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, with Xbox One X comparisons - plus RTX action! The latest Nixxes port looks great, with the use of DX12 a particular highlight.

Subscribe for more digital foundry: http://bit.ly/DFSubscribe

Join DF Patreon, support the team more directly and access blameless quality video downloads: https://www.digitalfoundry.net.

25 Comments

  1. Finally a video about this game which i really was searching for! I think this game is technically top notch! And I am really wondering, why this game is so underrated in general. People said it looks worse then Rise of the TR...graphics, sounddesign and music created a really strong immersion. Its a piece of art and the poeple creating it should be honored so they know, they did something right! I think as a developer, youre getting more hate than recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also this is one of few dx12 titles with SLI support. Thanks to that this is the only game where you can have ray tracing on and still have stable fps above 60 at 3440x1440 without compromising any other settings

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6 months later: post-processing still broken on all Nvidia GPUs GTX 400-800 series. Clearly driver issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taa or taa with smaa is great. I will takr some softness for eliminated shimmering of hair and speculars. Besides, taa does not introduce almost any softness on higher resolutions

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have it on xbox 1 x and i decided to buy it again for pc but the frog meant everything to me

    ReplyDelete
  6. This game looks lovely on the one X to think it looks better on PC makes me want a PC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Xbox forever ! Windows anyways one day it’s gonna pop up : SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER HAS STOPPED WORKING LMAO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Digital foundry test rtx 2080 ti sli vs Xbox one x because that should be fair

    ReplyDelete
  9. To be honest, overall image quality is pretty much the same between PC and console. There's some highs here and there but in real gameplay, is pretty much the same. Witcher 3 in Console x PC was the only game i really see a real gap between platforms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. played on the xbox1x on a 4k screen it looks great however i just got a new laptop an ACER Nitro 5 with a GTX1050 and it looks better in 1080P im confused and blown away

    ReplyDelete
  11. graphics looks so bad, what happened, i have 1080ti, game looks really bad at 1080p maxed out

    ReplyDelete
  12. This game has a serious problem, it looks like garbage on PC at 1440p maxed out with 2080, no idea whats going on, textures are really muddy on pc

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please any one can help me about game setting. I have i3 3220 , gtx 1050ti oc and 8gb ram. Please give me best playable and good visual setting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shadows don't make a game. Yes I have pc I can do ray tracing on my GTX now that NVIDIA drivers update. But I can do it as well as a RTX card. But I can still pull it off at 2k high not ultra. But you can only do 1k or 1080p with a RTX 2080ti Ultra at 1080p 60 FPS. RTX isn't all that with the hit on performance you take.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have an RTX 2060 and a i5 9400F with 8GB RAM, what would be the best preset for 1440p?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The two things that really stuck out to me from rise to shadow was the quality of the AA and the volumetric lighting. Those combined provided a huge shift towards more cinematic vs gamey graphics. Yeah you do lose some fine detail at a distance but I am fine with that trade off.

    ReplyDelete
  17. No way, you mean to say a $1200+ dollar PC makes the game look a lil better than a $500 console. Wow that’s so coooool OMG

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great game ! But for the pc is it umplayable ! You need 16gb ram GTX HIGH end grafik card ! GAME OVER for me ! On PS4 its playable and ps4 has only 8gb ram ?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Playing this on ultra wide 75hz, rtx 2060 ultra everything. It is breathtaking, especially in the jungle. I think best graphics I ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not to mention the most amazing multi GPU support, maxing both of my 1080ti's to 100% usage 80% of the time.
    That's how a game looks when devs actually make an effort to complete their game and do everything perfectly.
    Don't tell me those even bigger developers can't do the same, they are just greedy, and want to work on another game before finishing the first one.
    We always complement CD Red, but there were always good developers, kudos to the Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post