PS3 buying guide and favorite games



Looking to buy a Sony Playstation 3 (PS3)? This is the buying guide for you! We cover the three different PS3 models and accessories and we list some of our favorite games to get you started! Oh yeah ... and we're even talking about the PS3 Move controller ...;)

Kelsey: @Kelslewin

FOLLOW ME
Twitter: http://twitter.com/MetalJesusRocks
Facebook: http://facebook.com/MetalJesusRocks
Site: http://www.MetalJesusRocks.com

Consider supporting my videos on Patreon:
http://www.Patreon.com/MetalJesusRocks
Buy old DOS and PC games on GOG.com * http://goo.gl/Ezudc7

Intro song by Ethan Meixsell - other background music by MetalJesusRocks.

26 Comments

  1. I had an original PS3 I bought right after they came out. I'd had it from then until 2015 with zero issues until one day I was using it to watch the Aqua Teen movie I'd bought from a second hand store. I tried ejecting the disk after watching and it would do nothing but give me a clicking sound. "Oh no, the disk won't eject!"
    I had intentions on getting it repaired until a few months later I really wanted to watch the movie again so I said "hell with it" and busted the PS all to hell and got my movie out. I immediately placed said movie into my PS4 and watched, once again I tried to eject the disk and got the same clicking noise. WTF! No way this is happening again! There was no way I was busting my PS4. Fortunately I finagled the disk out and noticed there was a sticky residue left in the center of the disk from a blockbuster sticker I'd peeled off after I first bought it 🤦‍♂️ I busted my PS3 because I thought it crapped out but it was the sticky stuff not letting it eject.
    One of my many moments of stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does nobody ever mention the boomerang controller lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still come back to this video al the time when I’m out game hunting so Ik what model PS3s are worth picking up for backwards compatibility

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just bought Journey collector's edition today (january 6 2020) and i did it because of this buying guide........THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!!!! Thanks Metal Jesus and Kelsey Lewin. Because of you, now i own this masterpiece. (sorry for my english, i'm from Montreal and french is my first language)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MetalJesusRocks How about a video about coop games on the ps3? It's an incredible cheap console to pick up nowadays and would be great for some coop fun for anyone who never had one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sold my Xbox one for a ps3 game so today just aren’t up too the standard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought a fat one back in 2011 just to run homebrew

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its annoying how he pretends to not know all this stuff for the interview

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS5 comes out
    1 minute later me.
    TAKE MY MONEY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 20:04 and 20:10
    Im a simple man... I instantly got a boner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Came to learn about the PS3... stayed to watch more Kelsey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG .... the magic gate.....
    Seriously , do some research before recording your videos @MetalJesusRocks...Otherwise it comes out as if you do the videos only for views and ad revenue ..
    This flash card standard was named Memory Stick .
    Was also used for Sony cameras and phones (Sony Ericsson at this point in time)....

    ReplyDelete
  13. best ps3 games:
    Dead Space 2
    Uncharted 2
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    Marvel vs Capcom 2
    Assassins Creed 2 (and 4 :V)
    Catherine
    Sonic Generations
    Batman Arkham City (aka batman arkham asylum 2)
    Black ops 2
    Yakuza 5
    The wolf among us
    bioshock
    Mass effect 2
    Portal 2
    Persona 5
    Demon souls and Dark Souls
    and ofcourse the crown jewel that is The Last of US

    ReplyDelete
  14. best underrated ps3 games:
    singularity
    spec ops the line
    Deadly Premonition
    Kingdom of Amular
    Dragons Dogma
    Yakuza 5
    Killer is Dead
    VANQUISHHHHHHHHHHH
    Prototype
    Sleeping Dogs
    Asura's Wrath

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pro Tip: you can use ps4 controllers for your ps3

    ReplyDelete
  16. My PS3 Fat is still going strong. Bought it new, a life time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We can be happy living in north america.

    ReplyDelete
  18. IT's almost year 2020.. if you haven't got it.. get Demon's Souls for PS3. Is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Didn't PS3s come with an internal PS2 emulator?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can the super slim ps3 still play ps1 games?

    ReplyDelete
  21. funny how sony wanted 500 for the backwards compatible one at launch and now finding an almost brand new one can cost you 1k.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post