I switched to PC Gaming from consoles in September 2020 and have never looked back. Overall, PC gaming is a fantastic experience that has exceeded my expectations in almost every aspect. My experience with computers in general is almost nonexistent and I knew practically nothing about PC games. But honestly, it was very easy to adapt and fully embrace PC games. This video will cover my experience in the PC field and some of the concerns people have regarding the switch from console to PC. Feel free to ask questions or share your thoughts in the comments. The timestamped topics are:
2:31 Build a gaming PC vs Buy a gaming PC
5:22 PC vs console price
7:06 Keyboard and mouse vs controller
8:49 Frame rate of the console vs Frame rate of the PC
10:35 PC has cheaper games
11:51 Ease of use
NZXT BLD: https://www.letsbld.com/
Support the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCebx-TT_kPognZx1nIfnb_g/join
Discord: https://discord.gg/J2Gcwg4
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/realgriffingaming/
Twitter (RIP): https://twitter.com/Griffin_Gaming.
My pc cost 750 and I usually get 100-90 frames for all games at max settings
ReplyDeletePC GAMING IS UTTER SHIT. LOOK AT THIS FUCKING NOOB PLAYING FUCKING DOOM. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
ReplyDeleteThis guy gives casuals a bad name, so many cringe-worthy stuff
ReplyDeleteThe point of building your own rig is like being the captain of a ship...you know every nut, bolt, and weld on that ship.
ReplyDeleteNot to mention, building a pc these days is plug and play. A cake walk. Anyone can do it.
I bought a gaming laptop to replace my PS4. But it got too hot. Bought a pre built PC. Then bought Red dead 2. Then my gaming pc fell short. Upgraded GPU then had to upgrade PSU. Happy now. Prefer PS4 controller.
ReplyDeleteMy last piece, go figure, the graphics card...
ReplyDeleteCOMES IN TOMORROW!!!!!
Also, I’m already a rank higher then Griffin...For building mine.....HILarious.
Obvious joke. Fuck...I do mean FUCK, the console/PC war. That’s childish. Buy what you want, play what you want. BUT! If you want the most custom, modded, biggest library, go PC!!
its ok to buy a pc, but if u don't know what are u doing, u can end up getting some pile of crap for butt loads of money
ReplyDeleteu know, laptops do exist
ReplyDeleteno, thats shit, switch is better for traveling
your choice definitely. building your self is cheaper obviously, as you stated. and getting to know your hardware will help identify problems with it in the future. its so expensive to pay someone to fix your pc
ReplyDeletedancing on the grave of literally
ReplyDelete5TB of ssd you planning an invasion of Iran on that thing
ReplyDeleteYou recommend at least 800? scoffs
ReplyDeleteThe savings are extreme when you build with used parts. Tested, working parts last years even taken care of. Can cop a 1070 for 150 from the right person. A ryzen 5 kit used shouldnt be hard to find. Ram, mobo, psu, case. An excellent pc could be built for 500 excluding peripherals. Nothing wrong with prebuilds tho if you don't mind spending the money, plus you know, a warranty.
If you have a tight budget and don't want to build, you could buy a used pc from local markets (craigslist). Keep in mind some people will charge far too much
ReplyDeleteI made the switch 3 years ago just because how bad the witcher 3 was runing on my ps4. 3 years latter and i still have not played the witcher 3 more than 2 hours lol. I still play on my ps4 pro and og xb1 for fighting games and racing games
ReplyDeleteI think it’s funny when a hardcore pc gamer says I’m not one because I don’t build it. When you have the funds to buy separate parts and pay someone to put it together then why would I build it...
ReplyDeleteGriffin: mentions buying 5 TB HDDs and overnight shipping for $400.
ReplyDeleteMe: Thats why you spent $3000 when you only have a GTX 1080 Ti.
Why have you turned gore off
ReplyDeletespread some love for all the fellas that troubleshoot for a clueless friend over discord
ReplyDelete3k and avg 100fps I think you got scammed
ReplyDeleteconsidering 5t SSD and 400$ shipping
I just wanted to interject before I got through the video, there is a lot of knowledge needed to go into building your first PC, if that's what you are gonna do. It's what I have done, and I messed up with a couple of things. Like right now I'm having to work towards getting a different graphics card because the one I have right now is absolute shite. That being said, nothing wrong with getting a prebuilt or paying someone to build you one. You just might be spending a bit more or may not being getting as decent parts as you might want.
ReplyDeleteBuilt my first pc last year and now I’m upgrading it a little bit. Had a lot of fun building it and learning about all that goes into it. (I still by no means know every single little thing about it, I actually know very little honestly). I just watched YouTube videos on it constantly and learned all I needed to be able to build one and kind of know what I’m doing. It’s honestly pretty easy and it’s been one of the greatest decisions I’ve made and one of my proudest accomplishments. I made mine for editing and uploading my YouTube videos with a little casual gaming on the side. Now I’m upgrading the GPU among some other things and I plan to make it my main gaming platform.
ReplyDeleteif u dont build a pc its fine it just u can most likely save some money if your on a budget
ReplyDeleteProblem is 144hz is old news. 360hz monitors are already out. But if you’re using tv as a monitor. I would wait till after 1st quarter this yr. Hdmi 2.1 will be coming out and bringing 4K at 120hz. Lg c9 and Samsung q90 support hdmi 2.1 and nvidia gsync. Which is basically low input lag mode. This yr should bring all the goodies.
ReplyDeleteJesus christ, leafy sounding ass
ReplyDeleteYou forgot power consumption though. Maybe a casual gamer like me who doesn't mind lower frames likes to save power. Because a PC takes ussually 3x more power than a standard ps4 let say
ReplyDeletei build pc's as a side hustle while taking on high school and if you afraid and don't want to support someone local i can't recommend nzxt enough this dude is totally right.
ReplyDeleteLearn about the inner workings of a computer
ReplyDeleteTrust me it's very helpful, especially when troubleshooting
And about building PC, it's got a charm...
That's the reason why people tell to build your own PC
If you are planning to change your PC , try building it, it will be fun
Good and all but you didn’t build your first pc...
ReplyDeleteLol plug and play dude everytime i try to play cuphead on pc the ps4 controller has a seizure and gets a double input and trying to set up multiplayer man it takes a bit
ReplyDeleteMy 2k PC is more than enough for me😂
ReplyDeleteRIP, you prebuilt peasant
ReplyDeleteI was a long time console gamer, but I made the conversion in 2007 to PC gaming...... So BaCk In My DaY....... Honestly, I did buy a PS4 PRO a few years ago, only because I do enjoy being able to play with Firends/Family that chose to get Playstations. Now with Call of Duty being cross platform, which I bought on PS4 becasue I have neglected my PC for years, I am more excited than I was already to get back into PC gaming.
ReplyDeleteWith all the videos I see of people mentioning 144hz over 60 hz I guess I'll have to look into a budget monitor too, 60 hz was the norm in 07.
Tbh everyone is better off buying a 3-400 dollar rig and upgrading slowly as opposed to buying the new generation.
ReplyDeleteThe pros are just better than consoles.
For one you can open a pc and clean it without voiding warranty on parts.
Speaking of which you can warranty each part instead a whole console that cant be opened to clean without voiding said warranty.
You can upgrade and future proof if you like.
You can play mouse and key or controller.
No subscriptions to use the online servers with the internet and game you already payed for.
Better lifespan.
Better fps and graphical ability.
Multiplayer games live longer (i.e. still people playing lfd2 on steam)
Player base isnt split each generation between old and new consoles.
More storfronts fir games therefor cheaper games and more sale.
Custom single input switching keybinds on keyboard as opposed to presets keybind settings on controller. Also more keys to bind.
Etc etc etc
Also theres no shame in getting someone else to build your pc. If you can ask a friend to as its very easy and 100$ is fair but not worth it if you know someone who can do it for free. I for one couldve have built mine if i just watched a tutorial but i have extremely bad luck so i chose to let someone else in my family to build it for me.
Also if you are coming from console on a major budget you can use a 60hz monitor and still get major performance boosts in fps and stability at higher graphics. I currently have a 60hz and its just fine if you cant afford a 144hz yet. Plus im sure 240 hz will eventually make 144hz monitors fall in price.
If ssds JUST NOW BEING IMPLEMENTED IN CONSOLES IN 2020 isnt a valid reason to convince someone to switch to pc then idk what will
Btw i highly vouche for all of these parts personally, epecially the mouse and keyboard for under 20$:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor
Memory: Gskill 16 GB RAM (2x8)
Mobo: Prime b450-plus mobo
Psu:Evga 600b
Ssd:Kingdian 32g for windows 10
Keyboard:Velocifier tkl78 keyboard
Mouse:Venus 12 button mmo mouse
Tower:Sama-z3
Network card:Archerer t6e 5g
Monitor:27 inch curved samasung
On the whole building pc thing I built my first one early September? Idk around there I spent £700 on mine and really enjoyed figuring out how to build it but I also understand why people wouldn't want to do it due to the effort and risk so I couldn't care less about what people choose on the other hand my stingy ass is never gonna buy a prebuilt I mean just think of how many jaffa cakes you could buy with that £100! MY ADDICTION NEEDS IT ALL
ReplyDeleteLet’s be real tho, building your first pc is a lot more beneficial not just due to the fact of saving money but with the knowledge coming with know which parts are which and if you run into an error with a part of you being able to know which part is where and possible knowledge of fixing it
ReplyDeleteDamn you're budget is all in ssds
ReplyDeleteHahahja
ReplyDeletePost a Comment