Sword Fighting in Wii games: who did it best?



The Wii would like to stab, cut and maim.
~~~
SIGN UP: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNPadhQoprEb3m9Rmoyy6hQ?sub_confirmation=1
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CountdownBleck
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/CountdownBleck
~~~
Check out my other videos:
Why Ace Attorney is fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpMEgAJddmg
Analysis of Super Mario Party: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sHb-qFNuTI
Top ten sky levels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA6qHu7L8Ao
ET from Atari is not that bad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EJR_hPMS18
Top 5 national themes of Donkey Kong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaHPTALersE
All Mario Party games classified: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4yjuKnGF-0
~~~
Music used:
Kid Icarus Uprising - Chapter 23
Super Smash Bros Brawl - Main Theme
WarioWare Smooth Moves - Title
Super Smash Bros Ultimate - WarioWare, Inc.
Red steel - Katana Giri theme
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Hyrule Field
Sonic and the Dark Knight - Misty Lake
Dragon Quest Swords - Opening
Star Wars The Force Unleashed - End credits (light side)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land - Over the Hills
Wii Sports Resort Music Extended - Title screen
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword - Groose's Theme
The sword of the legend of Zelda Skyward - Skyloft
The legend of Zelda Twilight Princess - Malo Mart
The sword of the legend of Zelda Skyward - Academy
Super Mario World Music - Athletic
No More Heroes - Main theme
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword - Lanayru Mining Facility (Past)
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword - Faron Woods
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword - Romance in the Air
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword - Ballad of the Goddess
Red Steel 2 - Vultures Prayer
Red Steel 2 - Canyon Melody
The legend of Zelda Twilight Princess - Faron Woods.

22 Comments

  1. Due to the scope of the video, there's bound to be tons of sword-swinging games I missed so if you have a favourite/least favourite I didn't talk about, tell me below!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a rabid and overly defensive fan of Skyward Sword, the feedback issue honestly never occurred to me, but I’m glad you raised it in a well-structured way without mindlessly shitting on the game as a whole. Now that it’s in my mind, I definitely admit you’re right about the feedback issue, so after all these years I finally have some understanding of why people poo all over the motion system I’ve never taken any issues with before. Cheers lad. Skyward Sword still my fav Zelda tho tbhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell yeah i LOVED red steel 2! I played the game like, three times through when i was younger (cant believe it didnt have a new game plus mode). I really wish it got a vr remake/sequel, it would be freaking dope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you say you have to "move your hand to match" but... that's just playing the game wrong, not a flaw, you're supposed to just wait for link to match up with you so you also know what he's actually ready to strike again. I really don't see how the fact that enemies block you is a problem, you're blocked, pretty sure it vibrates, it shows that you're stunned, it tells you what direction it detected, then link catches up to where your arm is and you're ready to keep fighting. there's no way to have any other physical way of showing that you're blocked, because it's a Wii remote, and there will probably never be a way to make a controller react like it's actually being blocked by something unless you're actually hitting something which isn't exactly a video game at that point unless it was an AR game. if you play the game right, and precisely you won't have issues with the motion controls almost ever, the last time i played skyward sword, I was keeping track of how many times i actually got an inaccurate reading of what my arm was doing, it was only like 4 or 5 times in the whole game and i was sitting. I don't know if people just do very imprecise swings, or if trying to match where link's arm is really causes that much of a problem or what else is the problem for other people, but i have never had much problem when I've actually tried to play with precision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The revolution was a piece of piss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10:56 It did work. There was just techincal difficulties in such a large crowded room. People at that E3 played the demo just hours later and there were no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. More people need to talk about Red Steel 2

    ReplyDelete
  8. I put so many hours into the Swordplay mode in Wii Sports Resort. It was so much fun back then. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not Sonic and the Black Knight, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No way bro your back, i missed you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see you back, and... man was that food for gaming thoughts!♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. Posting before finishing the video to see if he dunks on Black Knight despite its fantastic battle system

    ReplyDelete
  13. O hey, mr numbers, you still exist
    Nice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post