THE EASIER WAY TO GET WIIMMFI! How to Play Wii Games Online After WFC Shutdown!



IMPORTANT UPDATE: Please use 95.217.77.151 as the primary DNS, rather than the one displayed in the video! It was changed when the server moved to new hardware in November 2020. Otherwise, everything about this tutorial is always up to date!

Yeah, it doesn't come much easier than that. System requirements for this tutorial: original Wii console (not Wii U or Wii Mini), a WFC-compatible game disc and an Internet connection. It is a completely reliable and future-proof method to reconnect to Wii games, even if you are not a technically advanced user or if you do not have access to an SD card or Homebrew Channel. Watch the video to find out more!

So, with consecutive DS and Wii tips, we now have an online multiplayer on DS and Wii games that simply involves entering a DNS server! Yet despite that, the differences in how the two tricks actually work internally are huge. While DS has a bug in the https library which means anyone can pretend to be Nintendo, the Wii instead has a bug in its End User License Agreement (EULA) screen. They made the mistake of allowing the EULA to be transferred over http, not https, which means that anyone with a custom DNS can present a custom EULA. From there, Fullmetal5 was able to build an EULA page that was abusing a bug in the miniature Internet browser designed to display the EULA, in order to obtain the execution of arbitrary code and thus allow us to obtain homebrews, Wiimmfi patches or whatever we really want, just by entering a DNS and trying to view the EULA. He dubbed this new feat "str2hax". None of this would have been possible if Nintendo had chosen to use https for this page. This method works on all regions.

To see a list of supported games, visit: https://wiimmfi.de/stat?m=b3
If you get an error code and don't know what it means, look for it at: https://wiimmfi.de/error
If you want to replay DS games online, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh0AZR-tKwM

Common troubleshooting issues / error codes:

If you get error code 23899 or 23887 or something starting with 238 when connecting to Wiimmfi, this is normal. All new Wiimmfi users must wait 1 week before being able to play on Mario Kart Wii. Receiving one of these errors simply means that you have to wait a little longer. Other games will not have this problem. (Please note: anyone reading this who has not received one of these errors in MKW and is new to Wiimmfi, you should try to connect to Wiimmfi once in a game, otherwise the countdown from the week will not start. Just loading the EULA is not enough!

If the EULA does not appear like the one in this video, it could mean that you are watching the real EULA screen. In this case, make sure you have entered the DNS correctly and the connection is configured to be used! Otherwise, if that doesn't work, try removing the secondary DNS (8.8.8.8) from the connection and try again. If it still does not work, it may mean that your Internet configuration does not allow the use of custom DNS entries, which may mean that it does not work for you, or that you have to adjust certain parameters on your router for the to permit .

Error code 20110 indicates that you forgot to access the EULA screen, which is required each time you want to play online.

If after clicking on "Advanced settings" with the intention of entering the DNS, you see instead the fields "IP address", "Subnet mask" and "Default gateway", you were actually on the wrong page in connection settings. Go back and scroll one more page to the right.

If you get the error code 60000 when connecting to Wiimmfi, erase your friend code as you can (start a new backup or similar), then try again.

If nothing happens after displaying the EULA screen for more than 3 minutes, but your console is NOT frozen, then let me know!

If you want to use Wiimmfi on Wii U or ISO, or if you have a Homebrew (and SD / USB) channel, please use this tutorial instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqFtklrXY9M

Thanks for watching, everyone! .

36 Comments

  1. If you get an error at user agreement step, do not worry and press "try again" button. If you wait 1.5 minutes, it will work anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In The future, Could you Make it a One time thing so you only have to do this once?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesnt work anymore with new dns :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My internet connection doesn't show when I search for access points?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive never played online due to me being 5 when i got the game. But now when im 14 years old i am going to buy another disk of Mario Kart Wii (due to it being scrathed and being really dirty) i dont mind the waiting time of 7 days, because My Mario Kart disk Will not be in my house for a couple of days, because mail in Finland is kinda trash. But this was helpful video, even If i forgot to save my changes. I was sitting there for an hour thinking "wtf man, why does it not work :D"

    If you read this far to my comment, i apreciate it. Im very excited to try this on next Sunday

    Thanks Mr.Bean :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. IMPORTANT UPDATE: Please use 95.217.77.151 as the primary DNS instead of the one in the video! It was changed when the server was moved onto new hardware on the 15th November 2019. The old DNS will cease to function soon, so make sure to update it!

    Also, remember, after following the initial steps of the setup, you need to do the steps starting at 3:59 EVERY time you want to play online. The Wiimmfi patch only lasts until you exit out of the game, or turn the console off. Good luck, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i keep on getting error code 220602 everytime i enter the steps to playing online please reply and help?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It only comes up with Auto obtain IP address for me

    ReplyDelete
  9. And will the timer stop if I shut the console down

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome ! .... I'm Playing Mario Kart again online - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It worked for my Wii. I used Mario Kart Wii as my Wiimmfi to use. In the selection menu, I clicked on Nintendo WFC. After it loaded, I got error code 23887 with console will be activated in 6 days & 23 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tried the new dns and it doesn't work

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! so i'm having a uh bit of trouble

    so, i installed homebrew in a similar way on my wii, and now every time i do this it shows the loading screen for the homebrew exploit instead of this one

    do i have to remove homebrew from my wii and re-install it? or..?

    (And yes, my internet and all that stuff is working perfectly)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tremblez pauvres fous, j'arrive dans 7 jours :D !
    Merci Mille fois mon cher Bean ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. After the new dns, I can't use wimmfi...
    I have a error, 51332

    ReplyDelete
  16. WARNING: if your Wii gives you the IMPORTANT notice, say NO. Mistakingly saying yes will prevent the Wii from accessing any mods and further making it impossible to connect to Mk Wii online. Even if you erase all memory on the Wii, it will NEVER work (I've tried), as far as I know.
    Unless there is a way to fix this, I'm open to suggestions. (Help me MrBean)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey i need some help out on this fortunately it keeps on giving me errors when i start the agreement/contact part of the tutorial and yes i am up to date with the primary dns however it’s just not working at the moment, any help please?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I keep getting the error 221000 right before the EULA screen, saying that they can’t connect to the internet, although it just said that the connection test was successful when I changed the DNS settings. I used your recent code from November 2019, with 8.8.8.8 as the secondary setting. When I save these changes, the connection is successful, up until the EULA screen. Does anyone know a solution for this. Also I have the American wii if that helps

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anyone playing Mario kart Wii in 2020? I know I am

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't know if you will read this comment but I don't know where else to put it... The page of usploit.hacks.guide doesn't seem to work on my WiiU. Anybody knows why this happens?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just tried to play Guitar Hero World Tour online, but unfortunately I'm the only one playing this game in 2020. 😵

    ReplyDelete
  22. anyone else playing Mario kart Wii in 2020??

    ReplyDelete
  23. BEAN YOU DIDNT SAY THERE WAS A 7 DAY ACTIVATION THING AAAAAAGH!!!

    Thanks for this though, can’t wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much, I never got to play Mario kart wii online bc I was too young and my parents didn’t trust me with any sort of internet :) I’m gonna be having lots of fun in 7 days lmao

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the Wiimmfi patcher but there is one problem. Whenever I try to download ghost data it always shows error code 10331. In the future please try your best to fix this. Other than that the wiimmfi patcher is great keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  26. hey i can connect to wifi but however when i type in the primary and secondary dns i get an error code of 52230

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mr. Bean, im trying to connect, i typed in the dns and all that stuff and am on the step where u wait a minute and a half, however, im not getting the same agreement/contract as you were. help and feedback would be much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  28. Can someone help? I get to 6:30 then it just does nothing, tried resetting and all sorts but nothing works. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What if ur doing this on wii u?
    Plz help me instead of coming up with wii settings it comes up with channels

    ReplyDelete
  30. When I try to look for match I get error code 86420 can someone help me?

    ReplyDelete
  31. If people want to know, Super Smash Bros Brawl actually works the service for Brawl isn't very busy though

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post