The Game Awards were held last night and apart from the big revelation of the next generation of Xbox systems, online viewers were specifically disappointed with the back half of the show and a strange decision to end with a certain game The Xbox Series X has been shown showing Microsoft's new system set up for the 2020 vacation, and it looks good.
Second channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDTV8DckMvn7mlgtdxTyR-g
Follow us on Mixer: https://mixer.com/SpawnWaveMedia
Twitter: @SpawnWaveMedia
Spawn Wave Merch: https://teespring.com/stores/spawnwavemediashop
Remember to support us on Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/SpawnWave
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SpawnWave
Follow us on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/spawnwavemedia
Listen to our weekly podcast: https://soundcloud.com/spawn-wave
Music: www.bensound.com
Like to comment and subscribe!
Thank you for watching!
==============================================
sources:
https://twitter.com/nibre_/status/1205097012472926208
https://www.trueachievements.com/n40104/a-rebranded-resident-evil-2-rpd-demo-appears-on-the-microsoft-store
https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/12/21016575/microsoft-xbox-series-x-next-xbox-console
https://www.polygon.com/game-awards-tga/2020/12/12/21013156/the-game-awards-2020-news-trailers-world-premieres-list
https://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-crystal-chronicles-remaster-delayed-summer-2020/
==============================================
timestamps:
Master Chief Collection VR - 00:47
Changing SNES Games - 1:59
Resident Evil 2 Demo - 3:47
Xbox Series X - 4:37
Game Awards - 9:30 am
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - 14:57
Commentary of the day - 15:36
#Xbox #TheGameAwards #XBOXSERIESX.
My Xbox One X is really quiet too
ReplyDeleteBest announcement fast and furious, copping that shit day muthafucking one😤
ReplyDeleteMicrosoft showed a FMV, there was nothing playing on the system.
ReplyDeleteMichelle Rodriguez "playing Ken fighting games all night long" 😂
ReplyDeleteXbox Series X ... Yeah, that's just a terrible name for a system. I mean, how long will it take before teenage boys start referring to the system as the Xbox Se X? To me it feels like the marketing department didn't think that one through.
ReplyDeleteIf you haven’t bought resident evil 2 you are not a resident evil fan!
ReplyDeleteXbox dropped the bomb with the new Xbox. It's looks like a tower of power
ReplyDeleteI feel like Nintendo is holding off til after the holidays so people will buy what’s out now. I have a feeling the install base is gonna grow exponentially because at my local stores switch systems were sold out almost everywhere. With like a couple lite systems here and there.
ReplyDeleteDoes anyone watch the Oscars and complain that there weren't enough movie announcements? If Geoff wants to make E3 2 that's cool - I like game announcements and trailers and stuff - but the game awards should be about the awards. It would have been a much better show if we saw every award given proper time on stage, and instead of announcements and trailers we had little video packages of people in the industry talking about their craft, or highlights of why each game was nominated, etc. I disagree with the idea that the game awards must appeal to the average gamer. I watched it to see great work being recognised, and for the spectacle of an awards ceremony. An announcement or two is cool but if it's all people are talking about you failed to give your stated goal the respect it deserves.
ReplyDeleteThe final reveal wasn't Fast and Furious. The final reveal was Sekiro!
I love the xbox series x
ReplyDeleteI hope the next PlayStation has a less retardard shape.
ReplyDeleteAlyx was probably the original closer
ReplyDeleteHyped for the wolf among us 2
ReplyDeleteIf it doesn't have the Green Led like its shown i won't buy it lol
ReplyDeleteNo More Heroes 3
ReplyDeletewait! I am confused. Why do we need a Resident Evil 2 demo? Isn't the game already out for some time now?
ReplyDeleteWhy do people keep saying that fast and furious game looks like a ps3 game? It looks exactly like San Andreas on the PS2!!
ReplyDeleteCan't close out on Xbox Series X because Microsoft didn't want it to. They wanted to be first.
ReplyDeleteConsoles are just pc parts. So I don't see a difference other than more parts
ReplyDeleteI thoought the commercials and game trailers/ announcements were a bit to much and started to overshadow the awardshow. Especially because there was little hype. Only Hellblade II and Bravely Default had my eyes opening.
ReplyDeleteThey should call it the XBox Tower
ReplyDeleteWhat ever happened to next gen consoles looking cool. Are they really out of ideas or something? Just make a giant tower the new xrectangle box turbo z 500 rt thunder ultra pro model. It also keeps your beers cold. And also washes and drys your socks lol. Were is the switch? O its under the new Xbox to keep it level lol.
ReplyDeletepre-rendered cut scenes for the next generation. and in-game graphics that look the same as current, being 'slightly better' than last generation. plus games at $100 each with no disc.
ReplyDeletei must be going crazy, am i the only one completely uninterested in gaming after circa 2014?
Ok Microsoft....NOW MAKE SOME DAMN GAMES!!!!
ReplyDeleteI watched a event where Phil Spencer talked about VR. He said they are interested in VR but in its current form he doesnt believe its ready for a untethered experience you usually get while playing a console. He doesnt want wires hanging off people while playing the game. So as of right now, VR might actually start getting some attention from XBOX. I dont get the impression Phil Spencer just says BS just to say it. Hopefully someone asks him about VR again at E3.
ReplyDeleteHey GOD OF WAR... I think Senua is coming for you.
Hey at least it gonna better than google stadia.
ReplyDeleteThe XBrick will be awesome
ReplyDeleteNot glad that Sekiro has won the game of the year. It would have been enough to win best adventure game. Game of the year should have gone to Resident Evil 2. This award show truly sucks that they did not recognize the best game of the year and went on to give the lesser ones in quality as if this was a charity award!
ReplyDeleteFunny how people think that the Xbox Series X is going to be big even though there is a controller there for scale....It won't be very big. Probably around the same volume as the xbox one x.
ReplyDeleteAgain... we know you hate xbox bohooo let people be happy
ReplyDeleteI’m already excited to see SpawnWave rip that new Xbox apart when it comes out.
ReplyDeleteFast and furious looks like a PS3 game
ReplyDeleteThey should rename the x series to the X Box Tower of Terabytes
ReplyDeleteAnd Elon Musk standing and clapping after the Cyberpunk 2077 music means cybertruck in Cyberpunk 2077 confirmed
Will you be putting up your Game Awards live video you did? I'd love to see the reactions and thoughts etc.
ReplyDeleteI think I'm more shocked by the fact that you said we are getting a hellblade two more than anything. I'm just played the first hellblade a month ago and I have to say I'm very curious about the sequal and were they will take the story. After the playing I really didnt think we would get a sequal and I was fine with that because I think they ended it well enough to were we would be okay either way. I'm happy to see the same actress again. I hope to see her in actual films because from someone who has not acting training at all she is absolutely amazing. I'm going to be EXTREMELY pissed if it is made an xbox exclusive. F... xbox. I am also shocked about the Ori game sequal. I should have known there was a reason these two games were on sale during black friday. Now I want them to announce a Cuphead sequal. That would be great as well.
ReplyDeleteI think sony is probally laughing at (Fridge)box. They are taking their time to hit them with a rude awakening once they reveal their system.
ReplyDeleteNintendo with their Chibi turn based games. 🙄 As if all their indie app games are not enough of an annoyance.
ReplyDeleteThe final game was silly, the rest was surprisingly great.
ReplyDeleteXbox needs to get their naming scheme together I feel like normie consumers are going to get confused and we’re gonna have a Wii U problem again
ReplyDeleteYes! I specifically expected the new Xbox. Though I didn’t expect them to announce a PS5 game announcement.
ReplyDeleteNintendo give us Nintendo Direct.
ReplyDeleteFIRE EMBLEM winning fan favourite hype
ReplyDeleteSekiro story was awful gameplay was decent I think they picked that one over ds knowing it was a better game overall
ReplyDeleteI mean MICROSOFT MAKES SOME GOOD PC's. I do not mind
ReplyDeleteI thought Nintendo said they were going to be at the Game Awards. Maybe Nintendo missed out on something. It seems like the end was thrown together.
ReplyDelete- Spawn Wave: The game awards were meh
ReplyDelete- Also Spawn Wave: Did you see all these great games and even a console??
okay lol
Looks like my hitron modem
ReplyDeleteI knew I liked u spawn ....someone who was actually HONEST ABOUT THIS NEW XBOX .
ReplyDeleteMicrosoft is telling me to just go built my own pc with the next xbox. 😁
ReplyDeleteAfter the XsX announcement with Senua II, I lost all interest in Ghosts of Tsushima. GOT looks dated in comparison. Don't get me wrong, it looks good; It looks dated though.
ReplyDeletePost a Comment