The PC Deception 2020: the worst parts of the year



Using the worst PC parts of 2020, we now have the new PC Disappointment. Stars Stadia, Radeon VII, Intel and more.
Buy the PC Deception cotton shirt (https://geni.us/izO3) or Tri-Blend (https://geni.us/rw8QX) to support us, our intros / in-depth tests, and to commemorate a year of disappointment ! It will be a limited run due to the nature of the shirt.

This type of content represents a ton of work. We really appreciate everyone's interest in our PC Disappointment series and have put more effort into this video than probably any other montage this year. It was days of work to do the filming, the editing and even the story this time. To support our work on projects like this (and also to fund our future in-depth test reviews for 2020), please consider purchasing a PC Disappointment jersey for 2020, linked above, or donating via Patreon: https: //www.patreon .com / gamersnexus

In this year's Disappointment PC Build, we brought the worst of the worst parts together - like Google Stadia, Intel X-Series 10980XE, Cooler Master Q500L and Radeon VII GPU - and brought them all together into one terrible system. We will recap and rewind the most interesting parts of the year so, from start to finish, to help everyone remember all the many disappointments along the way. There have also been many good things, of course, but that is not the goal today.

Watch our progress here!

Disappointment Build 2020: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tbD-vX-Kks
Disappointment Build 2020: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PNuE7N-prM

Don't forget to take one of the shirts! https://store.gamersnexus.net/

Do you like our content? Please consider becoming our sponsor to support us: http://www.patreon.com/gamersnexus

** Please like, comment and subscribe to learn more! **

Follow us in these places for more game and hardware updates:

t: http://www.twitter.com/gamersnexus
f: http://www.facebook.com/gamersnexus
w: http://www.gamersnexus.net/

Host, editorial: Steve Burke
Video: Andrew Coleman, Josh Svoboda

Links to Amazon and Newegg are generally monetized on our channel (affiliate links) and can send us a sales commission from the retailer. This is not related to the manufacturer of the product. All advertisements or sponsorships are disclosed in the video ("this video is brought to you by") and above the fold in the description. We never produce paid content or "sponsored content" (which means that the content is our idea and is not externally funded, regardless of the ad placement at the start) and we never charge manufacturers for the cover. .

46 Comments

  1. Buy a Disappointment PC 2019 shirt! Cotton is here: https://store.gamersnexus.net/products/disappointment-pc-t-shirt-2019-cotton-black and tri-blend https://store.gamersnexus.net/products/disappointment-pc-t-shirt-2019-cotton-black. If you like intros like this or you just want to help fund our in-depth test overhauls for 2020, help GN by grabbing one of these.
    Sorry about my voice in this video! I lost my voice the morning we needed to film and did my best to push through. Still coming off of being sick.
    Disappointment Build 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tbD-vX-Kks

    Disappointment Build 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PNuE7N-prM

    ReplyDelete
  2. MANS JUST DISRESPECTED THAT RADEON 7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did it make anyone else vehemently ill watching the water dripping on that poor Threadripper?

    ReplyDelete
  4. the opening few min are absolutely genius

    ReplyDelete
  5. You forgot to say that the controller is gender neutral

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude your intro sucks you lost your voice because you don`t shut up man quality of words not quantity... jeeze off to see someone who doesn't waffle on yo so bad man that nervous laugh oh and buy my stupid clothes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha you did drill some holes in that case :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. whats so bad with the Helios Case? I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The CPU on the bathroom stall is so good. This is getting a good laugh out of me, lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. If the Radeon VII is so bad you can always send it my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wanted to scare us, should have just taken out a note 7 and stuck it in your graphics card, and removed the cooler. That would I pay to watch for

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bad part is Stadia, the rest I do not agree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hei GN, I don't mind have that gpu,,, 🥺

    ReplyDelete
  14. "no one expect a good case out of Asus anyway..."
    OWCH LMFAO THAT'S BURN!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Steve... When Can I Buy a Tech Jesus (Branded) Multi-Tool!?
    One Hopefully w/ a Philips Head Screwdriver...?
    Cuz I Can't Build My New PC--Until I Find One = Which Has "All The Tools" That I Need--In One Awesome (Pocket) Multi-Tool!?

    Please Help Me Tech Jesus..?
    Cuz Your My Only Hope!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seems like steve contacted linusitis too. Wonder how...

    ReplyDelete
  17. You built a PC and then didn't benchmark it?! For shame, Steve. For shame.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You forgot the all essential "tweezers".
    Shame.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please rerelease the disappointment shirt without the tour dates on the back like you did with last year's shirt. I love the design on the front and I'd like to buy it (just like I did the 2018 shirt) but all the text on the back is just super unappealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Did no one notice at 1:20 the Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti GPU [NDA] at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 560+ hours on rdr2... zero problems besides error when alt tabbing AFTER the patch to fix said bug (didnt have the bug before)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not bad, but 2018's was still the best one with "Digital Steve"

    ReplyDelete
  23. NOOOOOO I missed the Disappointment Tour 2019 Shirt sale due to influenza 😭

    ReplyDelete
  24. “The years worst fumbles, Intel just in general “ 😂😎

    ReplyDelete
  25. i bought a msi 1660 is that safe from this list?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Upvote for the intro alone. Laughed too hard at the bathroom and storeroom scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I switched from a Threadripper 2990wx to an i9 9900k for content creation (Cinema 4D and After Effects) and it is such a better experience, for a third of the money. Yes 1% of the time when I am doing liquid sims in Houdini the threadripper's multicore would win, but for almost literally every other use case the faster IPC and better chip architecture of the 9900k wins.

    ReplyDelete
  28. People's ignorance about the difference between doing journalism and doing public relations continues to amaze me. It's probably why journalism in general is in crisis right now.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Had to pause the intro to check that I was actually watching what I thought I clicked on. Kudos

    ReplyDelete
  30. Someone should come up with a cooling system that would work totally separate from the pc itself with hoses from the cpu block to a quick connect mounted on the back of the case for mobility. Cooling fluid tank could be filled with whatever you want. Regulate it like you want. Easy maintenance. Out of sight. No noise. 120v. I have a system that pushes air across the whole motherboard that sits under my desk. Never have an overheating problem. A fluid system would be a lot more efficient and quieter.

    ReplyDelete
  31. He folds the shirt like he used to work at the Gap... or still does.

    ReplyDelete
  32. 3:11 LEAVE POOR STEFAN ALONE!!!!




    j/k he deserves to be ridiculed. Forever. Hopefully that knife had a Philips screwdriver.

    ReplyDelete
  33. lol I just bought a 2060. Oh well, I'm not going to be taking the cooler off. I don't think anyone buying a low end GPU like a 2060 plan to watercool it, or ever remove the cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Why miss out Zombieload 1.0 and PBO & "4.75GHz"?

    ReplyDelete
  35. So basically I bought the best bang for buck 8 years ago for 1080p gaming, i5 2500k? Intel down hill from there?


    Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post