Gamestop held a Pro Day sale over the weekend and I thought I would take advantage of the sale and buy a refurbished Xbox 360 system to verify. I wanted to see what Gamestop was selling as a refurbished system to customers and what I found showed me how well their refurbished systems are in place.
Pokemon Let's Go Giveaway: https://gleam.io/iEjhx/pokemon-lets-go-giveaway
Twitter: @SpawnWaveMedia
Spawn Wave Merch: https://www.designbyhumans.com/shop/SpawnWaveMedia
Remember to support us on Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/SpawnWave
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SpawnWave
Follow us on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/spawnwavemedia
Listen to our weekly podcast: https://soundcloud.com/spawn-wave
Music: www.bensound.com
Like to comment and subscribe!
Thank you for watching!
# Xbox360 #Gamestop #TechWave.
If u buy a 360 in 2020 do yourself a favor and buy a jtag/rgh console or a retail E slim
ReplyDeleteJust got a 2006 Xbox 360 that had the red ring of death but I was able to fix it by stoping the fans to make it over heat and I guess that fixed it?!? Idk how but now I have a Xbox 360
ReplyDeleteI miss eb games
ReplyDeleteThe things RRD after 30 days
ReplyDeleteThat's odd. The Warranty banana must have rotted away.
ReplyDeleteI'm from Dublin Ireland and I bought a used Xbox 360 from Game Stop over here about 8 year's ago and still working fine in January 2020.
ReplyDeleteSpawnwave always looks like a A-hole in every thumbnail 😂
ReplyDeleteI know that this was a Xbox 360, but I seen a similar thing in a computer I took apart once where the computer case was made of such inappropriate metal (either in thickness or type used) that the motherboard was being warped and it was affecting the adding cards. Quickly replaced the case and thankfully the motherboard survived it's ordeal. Luckily it was a old socket A motherboard so I wasn't too worked up over it but it did make me wary of flex in cases of stuff with circuit boards in them. Especially batteries, I hate battery acid. Really nasty stuff.
ReplyDeleteMine is still working
ReplyDeleteSorry
If you tap every part with your fingers really hard then does that help fix it better?
ReplyDeleteThe reason people like refurbished systems from box stores is because of bed bugs and cock roaches, they can hide and build nests in electronics. Its not worth saving $20 or $30 if you end u having to pay an exterminator to fume treat your apartment.
ReplyDeleteWho the fuck buys a Xbox 360 anymore tho you can play all them games on Xbox one 😂
ReplyDeleteI don't get why Gamestop RROD "Fixed" it, when it's a Japser Motherboard. Jasper and most Flacon V2 motherboards do not Red Ring.
ReplyDeleteI have a ps4 slim that I got from GameStop premium refurbishment and it works very well and is very clean and nice, one thing is the controller that came with it was a special edition Star Wars controller but the thumb sticks are replaced
ReplyDeletePossible source for weird linux desktops?
ReplyDeleteAnything sold by Gamestop is garbage back in 2011 when I used to buy my games for my Xbox 360 this one dude wanted to sale me used games when I was telling him to sale me Marvel vs capcom 3 fate of 2 worlds also I was asking him for 2k11 he also wanted me to buy both used he said it would be less money I was like nope sale me both new he just laugh and shake he's head smh Gamestop is evil stay away from there since 5 times guys in there acted like that I stopped buying from there I stated buying my games at best buy nobody said I want to sale you used games or wanted me to put $5 for a game that will come out later in 1 month Gamestop they force you to put $5 for a new upcoming game punk with $5 I can buy me ice cream telling you this people working there are no good they want to sale you used games and force you to put money for an upcoming game I didn't even got the game it was more like a donation of $5 smh
ReplyDeleteI love my 360 I just came here to read the comments I get a bigger thrill reading the comments you guys rule!
ReplyDeletePool of RAM , that's nasty
ReplyDeleteI'm guilty of putting machine screws and washers in at least 2 Xbox 360s when I refurbished them. I'm sorry.
ReplyDeleteI don’t buy used consoles but one time I bought a used 25$ PS Classic because it had final fantasy which was 14.99 on the switch e-shop and it had The original Metal Gear and a couple other games that made it worth it it was fine but I think that is because nobody was messing with their brand new PS Classic
ReplyDeleteUsually 360 problems with blod ylod and rlod
ReplyDeleteI used to JTAG the 360s and the refurbished 360s were perfect because they always had the right dashboard revision on them making them perfect candidates for JTAG. I used to run a JTAG shop on thetechgame and 7sins and 90 percent of them came from gamestop refurbs. This was before RGH jtag was thing and the only way you JTAG them was the old school way.
ReplyDeleteBest part was that if it wasn't the right revision, id just extract the keyvaults from them, sell those for JTAGers, flash a bad Keyvault on to them (a banned xbox live keyvault) and id just return them saying it would overheat. I used to do this on like 5 different game stops in the area I lived and it was a great income source while I was in college.
drinking game:
ReplyDeletedrink everytime ''not good'' comes up, have fun.
When you click on 2:46
ReplyDelete2:46
I bought a refurbished elite on Amazon that had a 90 day warranty for a lot more than that but I think it might last longer
ReplyDeleteI was lucky enough to get a pre owned one, which means it isn’t modified on the inside. But the panel is a way older version.
ReplyDeleteYeah I've told family/friends who wanted to get a used Xbox 360 to look for the slim version only and avoid the larger older models because it was such a bad design it might not last as long.
ReplyDeleteι вσυgнт α υѕє∂ 360 α ¢συρℓє уєαяѕ вα¢к. ιт ιѕ ѕℓσω αи∂ нαѕ α нαя∂ тιмє яєα∂ιиg ∂ιѕ¢ѕ.....
ReplyDeletePost a Comment