This tutorial will take you from start to finish - load apps to your Android TV Shield. We use a Shield tablet to export the apks to our Google Drive and restore them to Android TV. .
Even with side load a lot of these apps would not play because they are not compatible with ANDROID TV OS, with that said they are limited to apps and often crashes a lot. I definitely would not recommend anyone to buy this and if you do decide to root then you would run into problems with not being able to update or upgrade the OS. Either way you would run into troubles unless you are really knowledgeable about rooting or computer literate then this device is not for you. I bought this and I'm very disappointed and looking to get rid of it. I've a 2017 Pro version. What's the point of having 500GB hard drive when you are limited to do anything beside playing and paying into Nvidia to play their games. If you want to play game my advice is stay with game consoles or PC laptop, they're alot better.
Hi guys Here's an easier method 1. First go to play store and download apk installer 2. Now go to "Browser++" and search and download your favorite apk 3. Go to my apps and click on apk installer and you'll see the apk you just downloaded in the menu 4. Put a check mark beside it then click on the green "Install APKs" button on the bottom right of the screen 5. Wait for your apk to install
hi I followed this video step by step everything came out great however once I got showbox, chrome browser, and Google photos on there is can see everything ready to use however I cannot select anything with the the controller to play or view. can you help me.
Hello. I am new to Shield TV. I just want to try it today and the ES file explorer is different. It even doesn't wanna open my external USB Hard. Can You please give me a solution ? THX !
this works great! ! i use FileZilla to ftp in and it's wonderful!! been draggin and dropping files all day.. Only thing that wont work is deleting ,,, tried to delete some old videos and i keep getting a "Response: 450 No permission to delete" any ideas?
When I open the ES files it's cut of from the left side that I can't read the option I try to change the screen from my tv nothing happen I don't know if I can change the screen of the nvidia tv or something in the app can mace me readjust the screen size do any one know how to do it ???
Heya buddy. Once again asking for your help lol. You think this would work with games like Galaxy on Fire 2? They have it for shield tablet. But not the standard shield.
thank you for the great info on your video good job I just bought the shield and I'm trying to figure out how to mirror my phone to the device can't figure out the steps if you can help I would greatly appreciate it
What is my SHIELD Android TV MAC address? To view your MAC address on the initial Wi-Fi setup page, holding the right shoulder button (R1) on your SHIELD controller. To view your MAC address after setup, go to: Settings > Device >... Date Updated: 10/02/2015 NOT WORKING !!!
He's doing things like "hitting Backup" and not telling us how he does it.
ReplyDeleteDude plz answer this does Dish Anywhere work on the Shield?
ReplyDeletedo I need root for this?
ReplyDeleteHello how can i copy files, inside my pendrive that i have in shield.
ReplyDeleteBecause I only have 16 GB of internal space
thank you
Even with side load a lot of these apps would not play because they are not compatible with ANDROID TV OS, with that said they are limited to apps and often crashes a lot. I definitely would not recommend anyone to buy this and if you do decide to root then you would run into problems with not being able to update or upgrade the OS. Either way you would run into troubles unless you are really knowledgeable about rooting or computer literate then this device is not for you. I bought this and I'm very disappointed and looking to get rid of it. I've a 2017 Pro version. What's the point of having 500GB hard drive when you are limited to do anything beside playing and paying into Nvidia to play their games. If you want to play game my advice is stay with game consoles or PC laptop, they're alot better.
ReplyDeleteHi guys
ReplyDeleteHere's an easier method
1. First go to play store and download apk installer
2. Now go to "Browser++" and search and download your favorite apk
3. Go to my apps and click on apk installer and you'll see the apk you just downloaded in the menu
4. Put a check mark beside it then click on the green "Install APKs" button on the bottom right of the screen
5. Wait for your apk to install
Can u put these on firestick And if so can u do it
ReplyDeleteWill Slendrina work?
ReplyDeletehi I followed this video step by step everything came out great however once I got showbox, chrome browser, and Google photos on there is can see everything ready to use however I cannot select anything with the the controller to play or view. can you help me.
ReplyDeletecan I downgrade my shield tv ?
ReplyDeleteDoesn't work
ReplyDeleteHello. I am new to Shield TV. I just want to try it today and the ES file explorer is different. It even doesn't wanna open my external USB Hard. Can You please give me a solution ? THX !
ReplyDeletethis works great! ! i use FileZilla to ftp in and it's wonderful!! been draggin and dropping files all day.. Only thing that wont work is deleting ,,, tried to delete some old videos and i keep getting a "Response: 450 No permission to delete" any ideas?
ReplyDeleteWhen I open the ES files it's cut of from the left side that I can't read the option I try to change the screen from my tv nothing happen I don't know if I can change the screen of the nvidia tv or something in the app can mace me readjust the screen size do any one know how to do it ???
ReplyDeleteHeya buddy. Once again asking for your help lol. You think this would work with games like Galaxy on Fire 2? They have it for shield tablet. But not the standard shield.
ReplyDeletethanks dude
ReplyDeleteis it possible to install games on external hard drive?
ReplyDeletethank you for the great info on your video good job I just bought the shield and I'm trying to figure out how to mirror my phone to the device can't figure out the steps if you can help I would greatly appreciate it
ReplyDeleteWhere can I get the apk's like chrome
ReplyDeleteHow come I can't get the shield to recognise my network within ES file manager. I can with my phone or tablet. is it because my shield is not rooted?
ReplyDeleteCan you sideload the TWC app on the Shield tv?
ReplyDeleteHelp Please,
ReplyDeleteWhat is my SHIELD Android TV MAC address? To view your MAC address on the initial Wi-Fi setup page, holding the right shoulder button (R1) on your SHIELD controller. To view your MAC address after setup, go to: Settings > Device >...
Date Updated: 10/02/2015 NOT WORKING !!!
can I install Google Drive on my phone and download apk apps and then transfer to my nvidia shield with my Google Drive acount????
ReplyDeletenvidia need to sort an easy way to install apk files,The shield is an android device and you have to mess about to get apk files onto it
ReplyDeletecould you tell us how to send apk files from phone to nividia shield, thanks
ReplyDeleteHow do you change the ES font color
ReplyDeleteHow do you change the ES font color
ReplyDeleteThis did not work for me. Is there another step by step video you would recommend?
ReplyDeletehow to clean Android TV RAM?
ReplyDeletePost a Comment